The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time on here. Type I IDD, been so for 35years. Have I think all complications for Diabetes and my diabetes has been classed as BRITTLE. My diabetes does its own thing most of the time. Would like to talk to anyone else who has shocking diabetes control that isn't their own fault.

O

·
0 Posts
welcome Starsee :) sorry to hear you've had a hard time. I'm type 2 on insulin. I could ask about your diet... but having diabetes for as long as you have I would imagine you would know everything you need to know. If you have illnesses and such, that does make managing diabetes hard... I can relate. Glad you've found this site and I'm sure you will find this a great place for support and info. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Your story sounds like mine. The first thing I would like to tell you is that it has nothing to do with eating wrong. I would be dead now if it wasn't for hitting rock bottom in 2003 when I was finally diagnosed with addisons disease and finally things started to straighten up. The runaway glucocoaster finally had a breaking system installed. I still had some problems but better than before. Then in 2008 I started using a pump and a year after that a CGMS and since starting the pump have not ben to the hospital in 3 years now.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello, welcome! My diagnosis was in 1945, when I was 6. I was called brittle for many years, but none of my doctors use that term now, but they might in another country. I had several diabetes related complications in years past. My turning point was when I started pumping. After a few months of using a pump my numbers were much more stable, and my complications were reversed. I have no symptoms of those complications now. Good stable control with few highs and lows will reverse the complications for many diabetics.

Richard

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome

First time on here. Type I IDD, been so for 35years. Have I think all complications for Diabetes and my diabetes has been classed as BRITTLE. My diabetes does its own thing most of the time. Would like to talk to anyone else who has shocking diabetes control that isn't their own fault.
Same from me Starsee-welcome:D.
Lots of good people here and a good support group.
Will be looking forward to reading your posts.

Gene

1 - 5 of 5 Posts