The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Elora562 said:
Im elora and got diagonised as a type 2 jan of this year im 20 yrs old and am still strugling to control it want to meet other ppl who go thru da same n experience da same :}
Tell us more... Meds, diet, excerise

We all know how hard it is..we've all been there

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im taking 78r 48nph in the mornin 66r for dinner 78nph bedtime and 4-6r at 3am I was taking methformin also twice a day but it was making me sick so not anymore diet I just look out for sugar and carbs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still learing about the whole cArb thng my sugars r up and dwn and my prob is im a big meal skipper how long hav u had diabties

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had diabetes 32 yrs. I am 42. My daughter is 9 and has had diabetes 2.5 yrs. I have several complications including a massive heart attack at age 36. I hAve 8 stents. Robert

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Hi and :welcome: from me, too.

If you're still learning about carbs, I'll tell you in as simple terms as possible:

All carbohydrate is converted to sugar. Period. The worst types of carbs for diabetics are anything REFINED (sugar, white flour, etc.), most grains (wheat, oats, barley, etc.) and starchy carbs like potatoes, corn, rice and pasta.

Our best carb sources are veggies (except potatoes, corn) and some fruit in moderation. (I can eat about 3/4C of berries or cherries at a serving with no complications.) But you have to test yourself after you eat to be sure.

Some of us do eat whole-grain or sprouted-grain breads, in moderation. For example, I usually have 1 slice maximum at a time. Others of us don't eat breads at all.

There's a great write-up on lowering your blood sugar at Blood Sugar 101 that I recommend all newcomers read.

Glad you joined us here, and good luck!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome

Im elora and got diagonised as a type 2 jan of this year im 20 yrs old and am still struggling to control it want to meet other people who go thru the same n experience the same :}
Hi Elora and welcome:welcome:. It's good to have you here and hope you find the information you need. Jump right in and enjoy all your new friends here.

Gene

1 - 11 of 11 Posts