The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im jazz! Ive been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes since
Halloween 2007! Can't make this up people! Im what you
call a triple threat! I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol as well.
being an African American woman that's a death sentence! I
Have since found out that Apple cider vinegar works wonders!
I am taking kombligyza 2.5 and metformin 1,000. Its been a long
4 years and i want to learn everyhing i can from you all! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
:welcome: from me!

I am also a Type II with hypertension and 'high' cholesterol. I'm getting all three under control MOSTLY with diet (LCHF - Low-Carb/High-Fat) and exercise, but I've needed to stay on metformin as well as some blood pressure medication.

My cholesterol is improving all the time, without any statins or other cholesterol drugs - just eating a proper diet high in healthy fats and low in refined carbohydrate. I pretty much only eat non-starchy veggies and a little low-GI fruit for my carbs now.

Nice to have you here! :wave:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol as well.
Hi, Jazz. Today is your lucky day because you came to the right place. Most of us are on a low carb/high fat diet, which not only lowers bg, it can reduce blood pressure and cholesterol. So instead of a triple threat, you can have a triple triumph.

We're glad you found us. Welcome

Froggy

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Hi, Jazz, glad to meet you! I also am a triple winner, but with the HF/LC diet my cholesterol dropped, my BG dropped into normal range, but my BP has not dropped, but I'm told that is genetic and I have no answer for it. But, I feel I've cut my risk by 2/3. I'm so glad I found this site and all the good wisdom here.

Good luck,

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Hi Jazz - welcome to the forum.

Metabolic syndrome (your triple threat) is common with diabetics, at least in the beginning. The good news is, with blood sugar control, we can often move out of that category. My cholesterol numbers, for example, have been improving quite nicely without statins, but with diet modification.

I've learned so much here - hope we can be of as much help for you as this forum has been for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
moon said:
Hi Jazz - welcome to the forum.

Metabolic syndrome (your triple threat) is common with diabetics, at least in the beginning. The good news is, with blood sugar control, we can often move out of that category. My cholesterol numbers, for example, have been improving quite nicely without statins, but with diet modification.

I've learned so much here - hope we can be of as much help for you as this forum has been for me.
Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Patdart said:
Hi, Jazz, glad to meet you! I also am a triple winner, but with the HF/LC diet my cholesterol dropped, my BG dropped into normal range, but my BP has not dropped, but I'm told that is genetic and I have no answer for it. But, I feel I've cut my risk by 2/3. I'm so glad I found this site and all the good wisdom here.

Good luck,
Thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts