The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently been diagnosed as having diabetes, caused by weight and stress. i dont want to use medicine to get a control but try alternatives like fenugreek seeds etc. joined the forum to meet people like me and get the right advise. hi to u all. Be my friend

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome to DF, hitver. If you are being told that you caused your diabetes by being overweight and overly stressed, do be aware that while these circumstances DO exacerbate diabetes, they are NOT THE CAUSE. Do not allow your medical team to promote the notion that you caused it yourself, because you did not.

In order to reduce your blood sugars without meds, you will need more than herbal supplements like fenugreek - you will need to severely restrict carbohydrate in your diet, and that means avoiding grains, pasta, breads, potatoes, rice, etc. Stay tuned - there are many who are able to do exactly that and are happy to tell you how. :)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I have recently been diagnosed as having diabetes, caused by weight and stress. i dont want to use medicine to get a control but try alternatives like fenugreek seeds etc. joined the forum to meet people like me and get the right advise. hi to u all. Be my friend
Hello and welcome to the forum! Do you have a glucose meter that you can use at home? Control your diabetes through diet and exercise can be done, but your diet must be very low carb. Fenugreek seeds and bitter gourd juice won't work like diabetes medication.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts