The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm not an diabetic but my wife(age 36) and my doughter(age 4.5) are...
My wife is type 1 for 3 years and my doughter have something that they(doctors) call combinaed diabetes(it looks like type 1 to me...),for almost a year.
I really like to be well informed,especially with children diabetes,so here I am,with the best :)
PS Sorry for my bad Engish....

·
Registered
279 Posts
Your English isn't bad at all. Much better than my Serbian, I'm sure. :D Welcome to our group. This is a good place to learn and share experiences.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your English isn't bad at all. Much better than my Serbian, I'm sure. :D Welcome to our group. This is a good place to learn and share experiences.
In a "third world" countries diabetes is a kind heavy family situation,because health care fonds are poor,and diabetes is very expensive for state and there you are on your own,so forum like this with different experiences are quite pressuce...
Thank you for warn welcoming :)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Nenad, welcome to our community! I hope your wife and daughter are doing well with their diabetes. I know it must be difficult there. I have been type 1 for 63 years and I am very healthy. I was diagnosed in 1945 when I was 6 years old. I am living proof that with good control a diabetic has a good chance of living a long, healthy life.

The best site for parents of diabetic children is given in the link below. I suggest that you learn from us and also go to that site and talk with other parents of diabetic children. Good luck to you and your family!!

children with DIABETES Online Community

Richard

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your suggestion,I been there and It is very usefull :)
I have to say that I have a moto that "diabetes is an marathon,not a sprint" in diabetics long life strategy....(I read it on wall somewhere ...)
Looking forward for more!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome Nenad, glad you have found this forum. Managing Diabetes can be so hard, never mind not having access to good hospital care etc. I live in Canada and I forget sometimes how lucky I am. I definitely will not be complaining about having to test my blood sugar today.

Welcome aboard and I hope that you will receive plenty of information and support here.

Good luck to you and your family.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My Wife have materials for only one sugar test for a day and it is often that our Emma use it instead of her!
So enjoy life back there !

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome Nenad.. So glad that you are involved in your wife and your daughters care plan for their diabetes! Shows dedication and true love ... I have been a
type I for a little over a year now.. and have seen the roller coaster effect it has on everyone around the person with it... not just including the person who is diagnosed... In the last year I went through a divorce after 15 years of marriage and he used the excuse that while I was deathy ill from not being properly treated that is what made him fall out of love with me... I know now that this is untrue-- I have found the most amazing, supportive, wonderful man.. Who is such a huge part of my life and keeps me on track with my treatments that I think at this point I would be lost if he was not here..Once again Welcome to the Forum.. and keep up the good support for your wife and child

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well,we are married for 7 years now and she is diabetic for 3 years...It wasn`t hers or anybody fault that dibetes happens,so my support to her, my own family is natural....We are Team for beginning

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi ya Richard
My name is Lisa and ive been diabetic for 17 years :eek:.
You seem to talk alot of sense when talking to the other people and was just wondering :confused: if i could ask you some questions??
Lisa x

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello there Green eyes, welcome to our community! I will certainly answer your questions to the best of my ability. I am glad you have joined us.

Richard

1 - 12 of 12 Posts