The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Welcome! :welcome:

I know *exactly* how you feel. I was diagnosed less than a month ago, so I'm just a little ahead of where you currently are.

There are some great people here with some great advice. When I was diagnosed I searched everywhere for information, and this is one of the best places to be. You'll find a great deal of support here.

Just a few other things I thought I'd mention quickly:

1. I see you're on Metformin, as am I... it has side-effects, mostly nausea and/or diarrhea ... those effects do seem to pass eventually for most of us. Try to grin and bear it.

2. I also found great info at bloodsugar101 (and I hope it's OK to link to it here...)

3. Don't get discouraged! I sure did at first, but my BG readings are slowly coming down (14.8 fasting at diagnosis, normally around 6.9 after meals now, still around 7.8 most mornings, but getting better!) Education is your best friend!

... and post how you're doing. I know (for me) it's nice to know I'm not alone in this, and getting/giving support and encouragement is great for all of us.

Good luck!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.