The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from sunny southern California. Just found this forum but active on a few others. I'm Type II using an Insulin Pump with pretty decent control now. Started on oral meds then moved to Byetta and then insulin pens. Been using the pump for 5 months now.

John

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello & welcome, John . . . good to have another type II pumper on board. C'mon in & make yourself comfortable - thank you for joining us!

:welcome:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Are You Young Enough to Remember Sheriff John?

:welcome: I'm from the Riverside area of southern California, and I love it when another Californian comes on board.

I was wondering if you are old enough to remember the kids show Sheriff John. It was on KTTV 11, for years, and it was aired from noon to 1PM?

If you don't remember his show, no big deal, just glad to have you come aboard the forum! Just wanting to welcome you SJ, and hoping you make this forum one more important site where you can gain valuable support, credible resources, and make friends with others fighting this life long battle with diabetes.

Pastor Paul :amen:

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello John, welcome! There are several pumpers here, so ask any questions you want. We will try to help. I know I did not have all the wrinkles ironed out after my first 5 months.

Richard

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
A hearty :welcome: from me also!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:welcome: I'm from the Riverside area of southern California, and I love it when another Californian comes on board.

I was wondering if you are old enough to remember the kids show Sheriff John. It was on KTTV 11, for years, and it was aired from noon to 1PM?

If you don't remember his show, no big deal, just glad to have you come aboard the forum! Just wanting to welcome you SJ, and hoping you make this forum one more important site where you can gain valuable support, credible resources, and make friends with others fighting this life long battle with diabetes.

Pastor Paul :amen:
Howdy Pastor. I sure do remember Sheriff John and the Lunch Brigade :) The short story is many moons ago I worked as a Chat Host for the Prodigy On-Line service (back when there was just Prodigy, AOL, and CompuServe). I needed a chat name and figured since my name is John (you can figure out where I work) it just sorta fit :)

I'm just south of you in the Southwest area along the I-15. Nice to meet you.

SJ

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello John, welcome! There are several pumpers here, so ask any questions you want. We will try to help. I know I did not have all the wrinkles ironed out after my first 5 months.

Richard
Thanks for the welcome Richard. We've sorta met before. I post occasionally over on the Insulin Pumpers Forum from time to time :)

SJ

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well: Red Light, Green Light to You, too!

Howdy Pastor. I sure do remember Sheriff John and the Lunch Brigade :) The short story is many moons ago I worked as a Chat Host for the Prodigy On-Line service (back when there was just Prodigy, AOL, and CompuServe). I needed a chat name and figured since my name is John (you can figure out where I work) it just sorta fit :)

I'm just south of you in the Southwest area along the I-15. Nice to meet you.

SJ
Thanks for getting back, and accept my thoughts and prayers for your continued success in staying ahead of this disease and its many surprises. Who knows, maybe we'll run into each other some day #:>)

Pastor Paul

O

·
0 Posts
welcome John :) I'm type 2 on insulin also... but using pens & not pump. I agree with Paul, diabetes is certainly is a life long challenge we're dealing with. Look forward to hearing your experiences.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Welcome John! I am also a T2 that is using a pump. Best thing I ever did was switch to a pump! Make yourself at home. looking forward to getting to know ya!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hello from sunny southern California. Just found this forum but active on a few others. I'm Type II using an Insulin Pump with pretty decent control now. Started on oral meds then moved to Byetta and then insulin pens. Been using the pump for 5 months now.

John
Hello John and welcome to the forum! There is a wealth of information on here, read what interests you. If you can't find something, do a search. I hope you are able to visit often and take care. :welcome:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts