The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow sufferers. I hate diabetes. It is a constant aggravation in lots of ways, or to be able to do the things I want.

Be at this for awhile. I take Amaryl (Glimperide 2 mg once a day), my last A1C was 6.5.

My interest is in losing weight, for which I think I should not start a post on until I have thoroughly searched all the forum for already existing answers.

I have a feeling that everyone here understands the issue that having diabetes treatment helps me to gain weight.

I am also unhappy that is likely that some of the contributing factors to my diabetes are drugs for hypertension and cholesterol lowering drugs.

It is curious that once I belonged to a religious group whose membership used to refer to Diabetes to be almost universal in their group. They felt Diabetes made them sensitive to the -effect of their religious ceremonies. By the rules of the forum etiquette I can not be specific, but I am curious if other diabetic sufferers also have had some unusual experiences.

As of now the first thing I do is to try to warn others that sometimes I sound short and angry when I do not mean to be, it is the diabetes horning in on me.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
:confused::confused:

Reactions: d33na

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Y'know, purple, there's a way to control your diabetes and lose weight too. The low-carb/high-fat way of eating does exactly that. Search our boards for LCHF or LC/HF and you'll get the idea.

There are a few of us who can be a little abrupt in our posts - sometimes it helps to write it, then re-read it and edit a little.

Welcome to DF & I hope you'll be visiting often. Take care.

·
Registered
741 Posts
hi purple and welcome...

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Howdy! A big :welcome: from me. Listen to Shanny - she's bang-on on the diet advice.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Yep, beefy, she sure is. Doing just that I lost 50 lbs last year and it's stayed off and my BG dropped from 6.9 to 5.4 without meds. She sure knows her stuff as many others do too.

Welcome, purple! Glad to meet 'cha!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think that some things that work wonderfully for some, do not work so well for others. While I do believe it works for many, and can help some in my case; Sorry, low carb high fat does not work so well for me. I think that I should write of my issues in another forum (this is a hi, get acquainted forum) and hope that someone has some information I have missed in searching for information. Thank you all for your replies, and remember I never said you were wrong, just my metabolism and situation is a bit different.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome aboard i am Martina from Burnaby BC Canada i am a type 2 for 6 years and i am on lantus insulin twice a day

1 - 8 of 8 Posts