The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow sufferers. I hate diabetes. It is a constant aggravation in lots of ways, or to be able to do the things I want.

Be at this for awhile. I take Amaryl (Glimperide 2 mg once a day), my last A1C was 6.5.

My interest is in losing weight, for which I think I should not start a post on until I have thoroughly searched all the forum for already existing answers.

I have a feeling that everyone here understands the issue that having diabetes treatment helps me to gain weight.

I am also unhappy that is likely that some of the contributing factors to my diabetes are drugs for hypertension and cholesterol lowering drugs.

It is curious that once I belonged to a religious group whose membership used to refer to Diabetes to be almost universal in their group. They felt Diabetes made them sensitive to the -effect of their religious ceremonies. By the rules of the forum etiquette I can not be specific, but I am curious if other diabetic sufferers also have had some unusual experiences.

As of now the first thing I do is to try to warn others that sometimes I sound short and angry when I do not mean to be, it is the diabetes horning in on me.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
:confused::confused:

Reactions: d33na

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Y'know, purple, there's a way to control your diabetes and lose weight too. The low-carb/high-fat way of eating does exactly that. Search our boards for LCHF or LC/HF and you'll get the idea.

There are a few of us who can be a little abrupt in our posts - sometimes it helps to write it, then re-read it and edit a little.

Welcome to DF & I hope you'll be visiting often. Take care.

·
Registered
741 Posts
hi purple and welcome...

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Howdy! A big :welcome: from me. Listen to Shanny - she's bang-on on the diet advice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think that some things that work wonderfully for some, do not work so well for others. While I do believe it works for many, and can help some in my case; Sorry, low carb high fat does not work so well for me. I think that I should write of my issues in another forum (this is a hi, get acquainted forum) and hope that someone has some information I have missed in searching for information. Thank you all for your replies, and remember I never said you were wrong, just my metabolism and situation is a bit different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.