The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name's David and I was diagnosed with Type1 diabetes approx 14 years ago. To be honest I'm pretty slack when it comes to taking care of myself and tend to have fairly high blood sugar levels constantly.
Obviously I need to start looking after myself better to avoid complications down the track so my Educator suggested I join a forum and interact with others in a similar position.

Regards.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
David? Welcome to DF and thank you for a remarkable disclosure . . . that there are medical professionals out there who actually RECOMMEND support forums! We so often get the medical teams warning against us, and it's encouraging to know you were directed to the internet.

We have many type 1s and you'll be able to gain a lot of wisdom from their experiences. Since I'm a non-insulin-dependent type 2, I'll say so long - see you around. ;)

Take care & thank you for joining us!

·
Registered
633 Posts
When you have time tell us a little more about your self. What type of insulin regiment you are using, if you are counting carbs and if you are using anything like DAFNE, thats short for Dose Adjustment For Normal Eating. Let us know and we will see how we can help.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Welcome to DF. We have a lot of long term Type 1's who manage their disease very successfully even after 50 years of D. This is a great support forum.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome David!! I am newly diagnosed with Type 2 .....You will love this Board, everyone will help you and you will learn alot. Good luck !!
:rapture:

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello David! You have had a lot of experience with type 1, so I assume that you know what you should be doing to have good control. If you have questions, please ask them. I was diagnosed in 1945, when I was 6, and am very healthy. I use tight control and test as many as 15 times per day, so I can catch highs and lows before they become so bad. I use an insulin pump, which has helped me very much.

Richard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts