The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there!

I'm Val and I've been a type 1 diabetic since 2006 and pump user since 2008! I've finally decided to be part of online communities since it's SO rare for me to find anyone who's type 1 anywhere close to where I live. No one in my family is type 1 either.

I'm also a mommy and loving wife, so I better take care of my diabetes if I want to hang around long enough for them!

I also have an online blog (Which I can't share the link to, yet, being a newbie lol) and want to reach out, and read about, other diabetics, so If you also have a blog, I'd love to hear about you!

Read you soon!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello and welcome, Val. Thank you for joining us. Looking forward to getting better acquainted.

At such time as you gain active membership here, you will be allowed to place your blog link in your signature line, but plugging the blog in the body of your posts is prohibited.

Rule #10:
Active members (those with a 5+ post count) may display a single link in your signature to a site that you are personally involved in. This is not a tool for advertising someone else’s site, and any links found to be doing so will be removed immediately. Links that advertise other forums or competing services will be removed immediately.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello and welcome, Val. Thank you for joining us. Looking forward to getting better acquainted.

At such time as you gain active membership here, you will be allowed to place your blog link in your signature line, but plugging the blog in the body of your posts is prohibited.

Rule #10:
Thanks for the rule observation! It's fine, I understand. This is a great way to avoid spam!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Val, welcome! I was diagnosed in 1945, when I was 6. i did not know other type 1 diabetics until I joined online forums like this one in 2006. About 80% of what I know about diabetes was learned online.

I am very healthy after 66 years of type 1. Ask all the questions you want, and feel free to reply to the messages here.

Richard

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! Thanks Richard! I've also noticed in your signature that we have the same pump! I'm glad to hear that you're doing well; growing older as a Type 1 diabetic is one of my fears as I want to live every moments for my son!

Thanks for your welcoming!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts