The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been a diabetic for 9 years now i cant really say i have been a compliant pt, i believe i had diabelmia(used the high sugars to lose weight) for 4 years was in and out of the hosp several times w/ sugars at 1400 they said, i should have been dead(had diabetic cataracts already then down the line i got pregnant with my 3rd child and realized wow i need to take better care of myself sugars were great during my preg actually low the whole time the second he popped out they went up! i have'nt been in the hosp since his birth(3yrs ago) i thought hey im doing good but not really i take my insulin but not good i hardly ever check my sugrs- the funny thing i work in a dr's office a front office but still its dumb on my part, i recently develpoed side pain went for an ultrasound my liver is enlarged from poor sugar control it's gi problems but im really scared i have been on a strict diet since and have been excercising as much as i can i have a bad back herniated disc and i am limited to what i can do but im trying still trying to get on top the sugars - my father died at 45 from complications but diabetes and liver issues were on the top of his list. i have young childern who lost their grandfather and father within 8 months of each other i am being a self ish brat by playing with my health why i still dont know??sad and pathetic i am .the doctor i see and work for told me he is scared for me, thats huge! i need help!!! thats my story in a nut shell i am glad to be among fellow diabetics or people who know about us -

my biggest pet peave is people who say oh you dont look diabetic? what the heck does a dm look like??

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hey There Vocona: :) Welcome!

Well, you know there's no point in beating yourself up about not doing your Best about getting in control. Millions have gone through the same lack of control. Diabulemia is another weight loss tactic that many People get hooked on. You're only Human. I'm Very Glad that you got out of that disorder. I hope that you received therapy for it. Some of these ideas are addictive to some People. Whoa! 1400. I'm relieved that you survived that one.

Anyways, as you realize it's important to get your Life and Diabetes in line so you can look after your Sweet kids and keep yourself from getting bad complications. You know wanting to be in control of your Diabetes is addictive also once you get into it. That's a first step.

I need to know what my sugars are so I can correct, if I need to. I suppose I'm a bit obsessed with it but not as much as some People are.

You can read up on topics here and ask whatever questions you have.

I'm Very sorry to hear of the deaths in your Family. May they rest in Peace.

Good pet peeve.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hello

Vocona,
I am Rhonda and new to this forum too. It sounds as though you have the weight of the world on your shoulders. I'm sorry to hear about your husband and father. You have to take care of yourself for you and your children. As you very well know, no one will take care of your children the way you do. Pick yourself up and begin a new day of healthy eating, living, drinking, and thinking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts