The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Friends,

I am Srinivasa Rao, aged 65 years from Kakinada in Andhra Pradesh, India.
I have been a diabetic over the past 20 years. Mainly due to occupational constraints and pressures, I did not pay the needed attention to control my BG levels till recently. As a consequence and despite having regular shots of insulin, I had to undergo angioplasty (in 2004) and vitrectomy (in 2008). I then started seriously trying to fight it out and to bring my BG levels down. I started to have a better understanding about diabetes as a metabolic disorder. My efforts are gradually showing desired results and I am now confident that I will be able to get full control of the situation with in a few months.
I am presently on vacation in USA and back home in early November 2009, I propose to start and organise a 'diebetics support group' at our City (Kakinada in the State of Andhra Pradesh in India) with the cooperation of local practicing diabeticians. I need support from 'diabetes forum' also in my proposed endeavour.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello and welcome to Diabetes Forum! I admire your wanting to start a diabetes support group in your country. That is a very ambitious project and it takes a lot of time and patience. I wish you great success! What can we do to help? The design of this site is very good and I think you can learn much from it.

I have been a diabetic for 63 years and I am very healthy. Very strict control has given me that good health. I hope your control will improve and that you will experience good health and have many good years in your future.

Richard

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Mr.Richard

Hello and welcome to Diabetes Forum! I admire your wanting to start a diabetes support group in your country. That is a very ambitious project and it takes a lot of time and patience. I wish you great success! What can we do to help? The design of this site is very good and I think you can learn much from it.

I have been a diabetic for 63 years and I am very healthy. Very strict control has given me that good health. I hope your control will improve and that you will experience good health and have many good years in your future.

Richard
Thank you Mr.Richard for your very prompt response and message welcoming me as a new member of the Group. I am still studying our web site particularly from the view point of drawing maximum resource support from it for improving my own understanding of diabetes as well as for the 'diabetics support group' I am planning to form at our city in India.
As a T-1 diabetic since 63 years leading a happy and healthy life and helping other diabetics through this web site, you and other senior members of the group like you are a real source of inspiration for persons like me.
I will be in regular touch with you through our web site to clear my own doubts and also seeking your guidance for our local activity.
SRINIVASARAO

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I will be happy to help in any way that I can.

Reactions: nicku
1 - 4 of 4 Posts