The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my 7 year old daughter are both type 1s.My A1c number 3 months ago was at 9 and a week ago its at 6.1.Dr said I would be barly considered diabetic but then again iam on over 300 units of insulin.and when i asked can i back off some she said and i quote.Hell Nah!!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know.But do I have to stay on so much.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lantus,levemeir,humulin r,humulin 70/30,humolog

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
lantus,levemeir,humulin r,humulin 70/30,humolog
Well, that is a lot of insulin...and an odd combination....but the real question is, how are you blood sugars running? If that is keeping your blood sugar under good control, then that is all that matters in the long run.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There still very erratic.run from high to low very quickly but they eventually even themselves out.My dr just ordered the pump for me since iam injecting ten times a day.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
what type of insulin will you be using? I know that my pump helped stabilize my blood sugar. Hopefully your dr office has a good education department and you learn to use it well.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have no clue.Iam working with both a in home diabetes educator and one from houston who will train me on how to use the pump.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I have no clue.Iam working with both a in home diabetes educator and one from houston who will train me on how to use the pump.
Well I wish the best of luck! With a pump you will only use a fast acting insulin. You will no longer need a long acting or basal insulin since your pump will deliver a small basal rate constantly along with your boluses to cover meals. I am using the minimed Revel pump with humalog insulin. Any questions please feel free to ask...there are several pumpers here that are great sources of information.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks...i will

1 - 11 of 11 Posts