Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey everyone.
My Name is Chris Grant.
I've had type one diabetes for 5 years now, I'm 19 years old.
I was first diagnosed with T1 diabetes when I had gotten back from a surfing trip I had lost 15 kilograms of weight and my Blood Glucose level was 40mml.

Some of my hobbies and sports are:
Surfing, basketball, swimming, running, playing guitar, singing, Filming, Gaming, and Editing.
I'm really passionate about music and hope to release an album or two one day.
Nice to see a community who is willing to help out those who are struggling through life just as I did.
I'm a very experienced sports diabetic as I've played high level sports with diabetes including state basketball, swimming and running.
So I know a lot of great tips and tricks to make life easy with T1 diabetes.
I also have a great knowledge of nutrition as it's one of my passions to live extremely healthy.
Anyway thanks for having me.
Cheers, Chris Grant.:)

·
Diabetic
2,680 Posts
Welcome Chris.

It's always nice to meet up with a well managed diabetic. I'm sure you will contribute positively & immensely to the forum with your knowledge. We all learn from each other all the time.

I have a number of hobbies too. I used to shoot (pistols) for the state that I live in. Now I teach & help with the administration. I'm an avid wild lifer & trekker.

And the very best for the albums.

G

·
Hi Chris

Your profile doesn't say whereabouts in Australia you are located, although I guess you're somewhere on the coast south of Bundy, as you're a surfer. :)

I'm also an Australian diabetic, but T2 and newly-diagnosed at 64. So I'll be very interested to read your insights into the disease.

Good luck with the music career.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome Chris.

It's always nice to meet up with a well managed diabetic. I'm sure you will contribute positively & immensely to the forum with your knowledge. We all learn from each other all the time.

I have a number of hobbies too. I used to shoot (pistols) for the state that I live in. Now I teach & help with the administration. I'm an avid wild lifer & trekker.

And the very best for the albums.
Thanks for the warm welcome, that's really interesting I love the wild life as well I'm always going camping and surfing with mates down in Southern NSW in Australia.
I'm very keen to come over and travel around the states and explore some new scenes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Chris

Your profile doesn't say whereabouts in Australia you are located, although I guess you're somewhere on the coast south of Bundy, as you're a surfer. :)

I'm also an Australian diabetic, but T2 and newly-diagnosed at 64. So I'll be very interested to read your insights into the disease.

Good luck with the music career.
I'm from the southern coast of Victoria so it's a bit cold in winter I normally travel up north to NSW or the gold coast.
I'm putting up as much content as I can on my blog as I would love to help out those who need of info and are looking for some insight as to how they can manage it with everyday life activities as it's quite manageable.

Diabetes hasn't stopped me from doing anything, it just takes a bit of time and experimentation (oh and plenty of patience ;) ).
I'd love some feedback if anyone has some time to check it out.
Cheers, Chris.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Type 1 Surfer needing help!

Hey Chris, I googled diabetic surfer forums and your post came up! I am so impressed, I am a type 1 diabetic and have been for 13 years now, things are just getting worse with no control :( i attempt to surf but i find my sugars go ow or high very easily.. are you on a background insulin? and what kind of pre-surf routine do you have?
if i paddle out, i find myself low or high before i can even get one wave so i end up wading out! please help! thanks!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hey Chris, I googled diabetic surfer forums and your post came up! I am so impressed, I am a type 1 diabetic and have been for 13 years now, things are just getting worse with no control :( i attempt to surf but i find my sugars go ow or high very easily.. are you on a background insulin? and what kind of pre-surf routine do you have?
if i paddle out, i find myself low or high before i can even get one wave so i end up wading out! please help! thanks!
Labell? Mr. Grant has not been back since his original attempt to advertise his own blogs here and found such activity is prohibited on our forum.

Since this thread was begun by him to promote his own editorial endeavors, I think it best that we close it now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.