The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I'm a college student, striving to be a teacher. I've been a type 1 diabetic for almost 12 years! I was diagnosed at a difficult age, junior high. When it comes to my diabetes, I try my best.. I recognize the sever consequence and have been scared by all of my doctors. All I can do is all I can do! :0)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Hi Darcy! :welcome: to the forums!

O

·
0 Posts
welcome Darcy :) I've had diabetes about the same amount of time as you... I was diagnosed as a 25yo in 1998. I'm type 2, although I'm now on full time insulin as I don't produce enough of my own. I agree that we can only do our best. So many things can get in our way at times. Glad you found us... keep us posted on how you're doing.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hey! I'm a college student, striving to be a teacher. I've been a type 1 diabetic for almost 12 years! I was diagnosed at a difficult age, junior high. When it comes to my diabetes, I try my best.. I recognize the sever consequence and have been scared by all of my doctors. All I can do is all I can do! :0)
Hi Darcypm and :welcome: to Diabetes Forum. There is a wealth of information here. Read what interests you. If you can't find something, do a search. I hope that you will visit often and take care.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hi Darcy. I was laso diagnosed at the ripe old age of 12 and went through high school thinking I was going to die. Don't continue to be fooled by that ploy. Nothing you have done is wrong nor will anything you do in the future. There is no such thing as the perfect diabetic. All you can do is the best that you can do. As long as you continue to try you are a winner.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Darcy, welcome aboard! We have similar backgrounds. I was diagnosed type 1 when I was 6 and eventually went to college for 6 years and became a teacher. Now I am retired and have had diabetes for 65 years.

I hope you can live your dream and become a teacher. That was a very rewarding experience for me, and I hope you will find it to be just as rewarding.

Richard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts