The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I am a mother of three grown children and two step children . I have type 2diabetes for about four years now. I am doing very well bp under control and blood sugars run low. I I go low fast all the time so my problem is keeping it up. I love to garden and grow my own food along with raising red wigglers. I have five grandchildren .

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
:welcome: to the forums!

G

·
welcome Laura :) I'm type 2 also. Are you on any medication to help control your diabetes? Sometimes those medications can cause lows. I'm now on full time insulin myself as I no longer produce enough insulin of my own. I've experienced more hypos on insulin, although I did have hypos when I was on oral meds too. I tend to have high BGLs mostly though. At the moment I'm having troubles getting any pattern happening due to illness. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
welcome Laura :) I'm type 2 also. Are you on any medication to help control your diabetes? Sometimes those medications can cause lows. I'm now on full time insulin myself as I no longer produce enough insulin of my own. I've experienced more hypos on insulin, although I did have hypos when I was on oral meds too. I tend to have high BGLs mostly though. At the moment I'm having troubles getting any pattern happening due to illness. Keep us posted on how you're doing.
i use metformin er 500 2 x a day

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Welcome Laura, I have also been D for 4 years. I love gardening, as soon as the snow melts, hopefully. I have 5 grown kids, wll almost grown. The last one graduates from college this spring. No grandkids, yet. Glad you found us.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hello all I am a mother of three grown children and two step children . I have type 2diabetes for about four years now. I am doing very well bp under control and blood sugars run low. I I go low fast all the time so my problem is keeping it up. I love to garden and grow my own food along with raising red wigglers. I have five grandchildren .
Hi Laura Elrod and :welcome: to Diabetes Forum! Come on and get comfortable :couch2: There is a wealth of information here, read what interests you and if you can't find something, just do a search. I hope that you have time to visit often and take care! :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
:welcome: Let me be of many who say "Welcome" and I wish you all the best as you become a part of the family here at the forum!

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :amen:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts