The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, Im just new here.. im from the philippines.. yesterday.. i went to the doc for a checkup cause of my very frequent urination.. and sometimes numbness on my hands... my blood sugar count yesterday was 214... so we did a urinalysis.. and they cant determine it yet cause they told me i have to deal wit my UTI first.. so i have to go there next week...

well i wont be surprised if i do since basically it runs in the family both sides.. still praying i can prevent this.. but if not well it is what it is... i hope i can meet alot of cool people here =)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cool, I'm a Filipino too :) You'll certainly learn a lot of things here in this forums but experimentation and self discovery will is still the best for me.

What's your age? I'm 21, type 2. Drop me a message and let's talk :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow.. im 21 too =) haha.. nice to meet you.. well im not diagnosed with anything yet cause they said i need to sort my UTI first.. im just praying that the diabetes isnt so fast that it affected my kidney causing the UTI

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
wow.. im 21 too =) haha.. nice to meet you.. well im not diagnosed with anything yet cause they said i need to sort my UTI first.. im just praying that the diabetes isnt so fast that it affected my kidney causing the UTI
Welcome to the forum! UTI's and diabetes can go hand in hand. Not sure why they would need to sort out the UTI first. Your blood glucose reading is high enough for a diabetes diagnosis. I hope that you are able to find out what a doctor has to say about that high glucose reading, keep us posted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well ma'am they said its for urinalysis.. they said they want to do some other tests other than checking my blood sugar before they diagnose me with diabetes.. to be honest im afraid to hear it.. hehe

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome, Jai, and thank you for joining us. Your reading is high enough to indicate diabetes, regardless of anything else going on, and regardless whether it's fasting or postprandial. Would be a good idea to get a meter & start making a few tests on your own, one and two hours after meals, since diabetes is apt to show its ugly face first in postprandial levels.

And be sure to get copies of all your lab test results and keep them on file yourself.

Glad to have you with us. Visit often!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aw okay so i do have diabetes... hehe well thanks for the welcome.. well since i do have.. no worries.. im sure theres alot of great people here to help me fight it day by day.. i will do what you suggested.. thank you very much =)

·
Registered
114 Posts
aw okay so i do have diabetes... hehe well thanks for the welcome.. well since i do have.. no worries.. im sure theres alot of great people here to help me fight it day by day.. i will do what you suggested.. thank you very much =)
If you have UTI there is a likelihood of blood sugar going high because of that [Any infection hikes up the blood sugar even in normal people]. You may be diabetic, but the important thing is to neutralise your UTI before a firm diagnosis of DM can be made. That is why the doctor you saw wants to eliminate UTI first and then do tests for DM, possibly Oral Glucose tolerance test and fasting blood glucose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts