The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. My name is Sabrina, Bree for short. I am a type 2 diabetic. I control it with a low fat and low carb diet and exercise. I live halfway between Nashville and Memphis, TN. I am not very familiar with posting like this, so I hope i'm doing it okay. I don't know many diabetics so I thought this would be a good way to meet others. Sometimes it gets a little lonely being the lone diabetic. I do try and make sure that my husband and kids eat a healthy low fat diet with no sodas and very little carbs and candy at home so that hopefully we will all stay healthy.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hello everyone. My name is Sabrina, Bree for short. I am a type 2 diabetic. I control it with a low fat and low carb diet and exercise. I live halfway between Nashville and Memphis, TN. I am not very familiar with posting like this, so I hope i'm doing it okay. I don't know many diabetics so I thought this would be a good way to meet others. Sometimes it gets a little lonely being the lone diabetic. I do try and make sure that my husband and kids eat a healthy low fat diet with no sodas and very little carbs and candy at home so that hopefully we will all stay healthy.
Hey there Bree and welcome to the forum! :D It can be lonely for a diabetic without interacting with others with the same condition. This is a good place to hear how others manage their diabetes and experiences with diabetes in general. I am Type 2 also, diagnosed in 2008. It was a total surprise even though I had symptoms like thirst and going to the bathroom all night long. During yearly blood work my fasting sugar was 363 and my A1C was 13.9%

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Happy to meet you, Bree! Thank you for joining us! We all benefit so much from having this forum to visit with questions, comments, rants & raves. I hope you'll feel at home here & we can be of some support for you in feeling less lonely! It is hard, when the only people who can really understand are others who have the same disorder. And here we are! lol! You're doing fine with your posting, and if you have questions about how the forum works, just ask that too!

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi bree

it looks like people around here arent big on welcoming new people, so I even tough im only new here thought i should say hi to you.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Hi Bree :) Nice to meet you but sorry you needed us :) Its always great to have more people to chat with here. I love hearing how others are living with and managing their diabetes from day to day. I have learned alot from sharing with everyone here. Sometimes we are informative...and sometimes just plain silly, but thats a good thing too :) Look forward to getting to know you and seeing you around. Incidentally, I love that part of Tennessee...its so pretty there!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Really?? You are clearly on a campaign for full employment for moderators! Post your ad in just one spot so they don't have to go to so much trouble eliminating it.

Jen

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I think Jen was commenting on a post that has been deleted....not in reference to you :) Nice to see you though, have you been doing well?

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Yeah - it wasn't you, Bree . . . that was directed at the busy little spammer who sprinkled us with several phone numbers & advertising links earlier today.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Oh Nooooooo! My snarky little comment is pretty awful out of context. Sorry Bree - I just can't STAND spammers who inject themselves into these threads. Welcome to the forum. And please - don't mind me and my spammer attacks. I'm usually really nice.

Jen

1 - 12 of 12 Posts