The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I'm new to forums, I have type 2 and started on byetta today, pretty excited and hopeful I can handle t well, I've done the metformin experience and have now settled in with metformin X r and previous to today diamicron. I'm in Australia, and just wanted to say hi

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Welcome Sienna!

How long have you had diabetes? Are you adding Byetta because you are having trouble controlling your blood sugar or to replace the Metformin?

Happy New Year!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Welcome, there are a lot of really smart people here when it comes to managing diabetes...I have learned a lot from them and am much healthier for it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome,

I am type 1 however diet and regular doctor visits is key. This site is great. Everyone is so nice and helpful.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome Sienna!

How long have you had diabetes? Are you adding Byetta because you are having trouble controlling your blood sugar or to replace the Metformin?

Happy New Year!
hi, ive had it probably the last 4 years but its advancing at a rapid rate.. i will stay on metformin and replace diamicron with byetta, so far no big side effects, fingers crossed. mainly weight loss and control sugars. I guess i have been in denial about damage it can do to you but its kicking my butt right now so im trying to reduce bgl's to non harmful levels. i was getting around the 20 mark most days. i think that is 350 in your levels and have got it down to about 8-9 but my 1ac's is better at 7.3.. getting there

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
hi, ive had it probably the last 4 years but its advancing at a rapid rate.. i will stay on metformin and replace diamicron with byetta, so far no big side effects, fingers crossed. mainly weight loss and control sugars. I guess i have been in denial about damage it can do to you but its kicking my butt right now so im trying to reduce bgl's to non harmful levels. i was getting around the 20 mark most days. i think that is 350 in your levels and have got it down to about 8-9 but my 1ac's is better at 7.3.. getting there
Yup, 20 is pretty high... Damage occurs at much lower levels (140mg/dl or ~7.7mmol/l). Good job getting it down from 20 to 9. What have you been doing differently to get it under control? Many of us here have found that the trick is cutting carbs and replacing them with fat.

Keep up the good work and please ask any questions you have!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts