Got my first surprise on Feb 14 2011 with following report:

Week (0) Feb 14,2011.

FBS: 124.00
PPBS: 223.00

A week later a repeat test and results came out:

Week (1) Feb 21,2011
FBS: 129.00
PPBS: 200.00

I wasn't too eager to hook on to PILLS so requested doc to let me go through another BG test after 4 weeks. Had the test in 6th week and

Week 6 (March 28, 2011)
FBS(Not done)
PPBS: 102.00

Doc was a bit surprised and said a repeat test after 4 weeks again to confirm the values so

Week 10 (April 28, 2011)
FBS: 60.00
PPBS: 96.00

Doc asked me if i was on some PILLS as he thought i am taking some second opinion. I was not on any prescription drugs. Al i did was:

Week 2 - Week 6:
(1) Switched to all veg meals. Never kept count of carbs but stayed away from potatoe,rice. Only papaya and apple for fruits all other fruits were banned.

(2) Built up my walking from 800 paces to 2000 paces a day before dinner.

(3) regular tea, coffee replaced with organic green tea mixed with basil leaves.

(4) lot of salad, lime, ginger, onion, beet, carrot consumed daily.

(5) Cinnamon, fenugreek powder consumed daily before meals. Even had tried fenugreek tea for few days.

Week 6 - Week 10:

(6) Started consuming flaxseed powder (ground at home) and built up consumption to 2-3 TBSP/day by end of week 10.

(7) Lots of sprouts and liberal use of lime, ginger, capsicum in sprouts. Stopped taking cornflakes in breakfast as trying to move to alkaline diet.

(8) Walking was more brisk speed. But reduced the number of days to just 4-5/week.

(9) Started consuming corriander powder (ground at home) in addition to fenugreek and cinnamon.

Week 10 onwards:

(11) After week 10 now i am having honey daily with my 5-7 cups of green tea.

(12) having milk boiled with turmeric, figs, dates, almonds etc with honey before going to sleep.

Week 11: HbA1C : 5.00

Next FBS/PPBS is due on week 14.

I am adding following also to my schedule:

(13) Reduce walk to twice a week.
(14) Start 1 TBSP Flaxseed oil /day
(15) Start 1tsp Blackseed oil/day

My doctor thinks i am taking some prescription drug which i am not. i asked him to order a OGTT and he got annoyed.
But in any case i am doing all changes on diet and have experimented with grain free dinner (only fruits and juices taking just about everything including the high GI watermelons) for 10 days and will do a full day fruits and juice for 2 weeks after next blood report. Moving to alkaline diet and trying to stay away from prescription drugs.

I am not sure if i am a case of

Pre diabetic
or
Type 2?

BTW, I am 48/M 5'8.5" 76KG 9down from 80 when this started) and fro India. I am experimenting with myself on this with just natural stuff besides experimenting on my wife for her OA with similar things (which is showing some signs of relief).

Thanks for allowing me to be so detailed in my first post and sorry if it wasn't clear... Now i am more worried about going hypo even without any prescription drugs.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
welcome Rusticguy :) good on you for getting control of you BGLs using natural ingredients. It's well known that a lot of the indian spices are good for our metabolism. I think your combination of spices there is obviously working well for you. Everyone here is from different countries and we're all different in what we can tolerate and what works well for us. If you can stay off meds, it would be good for you. I would suggest though that your doc should be doing the GAD and C-peptide test on you to confirm your diagnosis. If you still produce your own insulin (which it sounds like you do), then you're type 2... as those early numbers are diabetic numbers... especially PPBS. I'm sure you'll find this a great place for support and info. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
WOW you are amazing Rusticguy. Now that is what I call taking control of your health. I can only wish to be so motivated. Hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Got my first surprise on Feb 14 2011 with following report:

Week (0) Feb 14,2011.

FBS: 124.00
PPBS: 223.00

A week later a repeat test and results came out:

Week (1) Feb 21,2011
FBS: 129.00
PPBS: 200.00

I wasn't too eager to hook on to PILLS so requested doc to let me go through another BG test after 4 weeks. Had the test in 6th week and

Week 6 (March 28, 2011)
FBS(Not done)
PPBS: 102.00

Doc was a bit surprised and said a repeat test after 4 weeks again to confirm the values so

Week 10 (April 28, 2011)
FBS: 60.00
PPBS: 96.00

Doc asked me if i was on some PILLS as he thought i am taking some second opinion. I was not on any prescription drugs. Al i did was:

Week 2 - Week 6:
(1) Switched to all veg meals. Never kept count of carbs but stayed away from potatoe,rice. Only papaya and apple for fruits all other fruits were banned.

(2) Built up my walking from 800 paces to 2000 paces a day before dinner.

(3) regular tea, coffee replaced with organic green tea mixed with basil leaves.

(4) lot of salad, lime, ginger, onion, beet, carrot consumed daily.

(5) Cinnamon, fenugreek powder consumed daily before meals. Even had tried fenugreek tea for few days.

Week 6 - Week 10:

(6) Started consuming flaxseed powder (ground at home) and built up consumption to 2-3 TBSP/day by end of week 10.

(7) Lots of sprouts and liberal use of lime, ginger, capsicum in sprouts. Stopped taking cornflakes in breakfast as trying to move to alkaline diet.

(8) Walking was more brisk speed. But reduced the number of days to just 4-5/week.

(9) Started consuming corriander powder (ground at home) in addition to fenugreek and cinnamon.

Week 10 onwards:

(11) After week 10 now i am having honey daily with my 5-7 cups of green tea.

(12) having milk boiled with turmeric, figs, dates, almonds etc with honey before going to sleep.

Week 11: HbA1C : 5.00

Next FBS/PPBS is due on week 14.

I am adding following also to my schedule:

(13) Reduce walk to twice a week.
(14) Start 1 TBSP Flaxseed oil /day
(15) Start 1tsp Blackseed oil/day

My doctor thinks i am taking some prescription drug which i am not. i asked him to order a OGTT and he got annoyed.
But in any case i am doing all changes on diet and have experimented with grain free dinner (only fruits and juices taking just about everything including the high GI watermelons) for 10 days and will do a full day fruits and juice for 2 weeks after next blood report. Moving to alkaline diet and trying to stay away from prescription drugs.

I am not sure if i am a case of

Pre diabetic
or
Type 2?

BTW, I am 48/M 5'8.5" 76KG 9down from 80 when this started) and fro India. I am experimenting with myself on this with just natural stuff besides experimenting on my wife for her OA with similar things (which is showing some signs of relief).

Thanks for allowing me to be so detailed in my first post and sorry if it wasn't clear... Now i am more worried about going hypo even without any prescription drugs.
Hello and :welcome: to the forum. Wow, you really have done a good job. Keep on doing what you are doing and surprise your doctor. Be careful and test when you feel low and keep some kind of rapid acting glucose around. Test when you feel like you might be going low. I hope that you have time to visit often and take care.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts