Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:israel: DX TODAY WITH METFORMIN
I WOULD LOVE ANY ADVICE,ITS ALL CONFUSING:cool:
WHEN TO TEST, WHAT SHOULD READING BE AFTER MEALS?:(
THANKS

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Joan, welcome to Diabetes Foum! There is much good information available here on this site. Ask all the questions you want, we want to help.

You should test in the morning before eating anything and try to keep that level as low as 120, or better. Testing two hours after each meal is also a good idea so you can see how the food you have eaten has affected you. If you keep records of what you eat and how each food affects you blood sugar level, you can decide which foods to eat in very small portions. Your level two hours after a meal should be no higher than 140. Are you using a Type 2 medication yet? If so then when you are running much higher blood sugar, it may be necessary to increase your medication. If you can control your diabetes by diet and exercise alone that is ideal.

I am Type 1 for 64 years. I limit my carb intake to 130g per day and exercise every day. I usually avoid the foods that are especially bad at raising my blood sugar. I eat very small portions of them, occasionally.

Richard

·
Registered
40 Posts
:israel: DX TODAY WITH METFORMIN
I WOULD LOVE ANY ADVICE,ITS ALL CONFUSING:cool:
WHEN TO TEST, WHAT SHOULD READING BE AFTER MEALS?:(
THANKS
You may want to look into a referral to a registered dietician (RD). I found that when I was in a weight loss program, that talking to an RD really helped me understand what I was eating, and how much of one food or another was one serving, etc. Talking with a real person can be a great help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts