The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Eve I'm type 2for 9 years ..didn't really care about taking care of myself til now..I am a single mom and all they have.I'm from Chesapeake Virginia.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Welcome to the forums, Eve! With the little ones, you have a very good reason to start taking better care of yourself and paying more attention to your diabetes. Many of us have been in the same boat. Ask questions, learn, teach and be healthy. That's why we're here.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Hi Eve. Kids do make it worth it. You need to take care of yourself. Let us know how we can help you.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Hi Eve - welcome to the forum. We all have to start somewhere, taking care of ourselves.

What gave you the wake-up call? Have you seen your doc recently? Do you have a meter to test your blood sugar? Did you get some test results recently?

If you think that's the end of the questions, er .. .no - but that's a start :)

I had to start taking care of myself too earlier in the year when I found out I had uncontrolled diabetes. It can be done, that's the good news. The even better news, is how much better we feel once we've reined in the beast.

Glad you've joined us.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I started gaining more weight and went for my physical and realize my a1c was really good but testings were crappy ..my anemia had gotten worse and cholesterol level was horrible ..I started getting tired all the time. Headaches and depressed ..so my Dr put me back on metafrom and I'm back on iron..working out 3times a day and choosing better food..my kids are my every thing and I don't want my health be the reason I miss them growing up.I have a meter ..

·
Registered
497 Posts
Were you showing any signs of anything to make you "Take the bull by the horns"? Or just the kids were it? I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old and I tell you, I would do anything for them. I am trying to quit smoking, that is not going great but I am working on it.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Good for you, take control and fend of the big D. What are your numbers like?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts