The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was diagnosed diabetic 2010 now my sugar control with diet and exercise.
please tell me about fish oil capsule should i take or not .

i heard that it contain vit . a d which dangerous to excess use .

please tell me .

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
None of us can tell you whether to take a certain supplement or not. Do your own research and ask your doctor. My husband takes fish oil every day to build up his omega 3's. I do not take it. I use a lot of flaxseed to build up my omega 3's.

G

·
I am taking Flaxseed Oil (cold pressed). You need to be careful in handling as it turns rancid pretty fast. Fish oil could have issues of mercury, though there are debates/propaganda/sponsored studies from fish oil industry that flaxseed oil isn't as effective as fish oil.

please tell me about fish oil capsule should i take or not .
i heard that it contain vit . a d which dangerous to excess use .
please tell me .

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
no, dont take it

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
hey welcome to this forum.
If you'd like do tell us about how you are managing you diabetes ? What kind of diet/exercise program are you following ?

Tony

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey welcome to this forum.
If you'd like do tell us about how you are managing you diabetes ? What kind of diet/exercise program are you following ?

Tony

dear sir ,
i live in india

my case is that i am 39 old my height is 5 feet 10 inch now weight 60kgs
on 1 july 010 my fasting was 126 and post meal sugar was 223 my doctor
given me metformin 10 days after medication my sugar went down fasting sugar 91 and post meal sugar 109 and doctor told me stop the medicine from that day i checked my sugar every month which is around 110 fasting and 120 -130 post meal . two days ago i checked HBA1C test which is 6.3

doctor says that you don't need medicine now .

my whole day program as follows
morning i take 5 almond and flex seed one spoon .
then i take tea without sugar after 1 hour i took 2 omelet and 2 chapti and one cup tea .
around 2.30 pm i eat lunch with two chapatti and with vag or non veg .

around 4 pm i goes to gym around every day.

after workout i take one cup milk with 1 or 2 toast and 30 gram eggs protein powder.

after 7 pm i take one cup tea with slightly sugar .

9 pm i take dinner two chapatti and with vag or non veg .

and one cup tea without sugar . around 10 pm i walk around 1 kilometer .

11 pm i took one glass milk with 30 gram protein powder and some time little food take.
i also take fish oil cap 3 in a week . this is my own decision doctor don't prescribe
my problem is that before diabetic my weight around 68 and my body structure was normal now i am very thin around 60kgs and wanted some weight gain but fear that my sugar will go up .
give me suggestion

1 - 7 of 7 Posts