Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

hi question on cinnamon and honey

4K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  fiesta 
#1 ·
was just wondering if anyone here has tried cinnamon and honey and if its true that it can help to lower or improve sugar levels :confused:

G
#4 ·
They say aerodynamically a bee shouldn't be able to fly. Well, I think if a bee ate leaves or other living things that might be true...but a bee eats honey. Proportionally, if you ate as much honey as a bee eats...your arms would flap around 180 times a second, too! A couple three tablespoons of honey and I'm ready to race the dog to the mailbox! :D

#5 ·
I've seen that endorsement of cinnamon for diabetes in many places. Haven't really tried it, but I do put a lot of cinnamon (and a pinch of nutmeg) on the apples that I bake in the microwave.

#6 ·
Could be a fluke, but I woke up yesterday craving toast with honey. I tested first and my level was good, so, I made two slices of toast and drizzled honey on them.

I tested 2 hours later, expecting the worst - bread topped with honey - not a good idea, but I had been really good all week. (justifying my cheating to myself)

To my surprise, my test showed 84.

#7 ·
I have been taking cinnamon since I heard it can help maintain good blood sugar control. No idea if it is working...but hey...its just cinnamon so I figure if it helps I'll take it :)

Honey I have no idea...I use it as a sweetner sometimes but I have to account for the carbs in it. (the same as with any sweetner).

#13 ·
I took some cinnamon tablets for awhile. I didn't see any difference in bgs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.