Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

hi question on cinnamon and honey

4K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  fiesta 
#1 ·
was just wondering if anyone here has tried cinnamon and honey and if its true that it can help to lower or improve sugar levels :confused:

G
#4 ·
They say aerodynamically a bee shouldn't be able to fly. Well, I think if a bee ate leaves or other living things that might be true...but a bee eats honey. Proportionally, if you ate as much honey as a bee eats...your arms would flap around 180 times a second, too! A couple three tablespoons of honey and I'm ready to race the dog to the mailbox! :D

#5 ·
I've seen that endorsement of cinnamon for diabetes in many places. Haven't really tried it, but I do put a lot of cinnamon (and a pinch of nutmeg) on the apples that I bake in the microwave.

#6 ·
Could be a fluke, but I woke up yesterday craving toast with honey. I tested first and my level was good, so, I made two slices of toast and drizzled honey on them.

I tested 2 hours later, expecting the worst - bread topped with honey - not a good idea, but I had been really good all week. (justifying my cheating to myself)

To my surprise, my test showed 84.

#7 ·
I have been taking cinnamon since I heard it can help maintain good blood sugar control. No idea if it is working...but hey...its just cinnamon so I figure if it helps I'll take it :)

Honey I have no idea...I use it as a sweetner sometimes but I have to account for the carbs in it. (the same as with any sweetner).

#16 ·
Would that be the same coumarin that's in chamomile tea?
Yes it is. It is in smaller concentrations in chamomile tea than it is in cinnamon.

It is also important to note that coumarin, as well as being an antocoagulant, can also negatively interact with a number of drugs.

This is why you are better of taking a cinnamon extract to help lower your blood sugar levels than taking large amounts of cinnamon.

#13 ·
I took some cinnamon tablets for awhile. I didn't see any difference in bgs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.