The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have worked with a lot of (type 2) diabetics, and I have learned 3 important facts:

1. People with an open mind and postive attitude can manage their diabetes. These people are able to prevent the onset of the complications such as kidney failure, blindness, and amputation. Some have even reversed the effects.

2. Unfortunately, there is a lot of myth and misunderstanding about diabetes that leads to poor decision-making. This is difficult for some people because it is more difficult to first UNlearn something in order to learn it properly.

3. Most diabetics make the same mistakes due to these myths and misunderstandings.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Welcome aboard! I agree with what you have said. I guess we can say it is human nature. I have had Type 1 for 63 years and I am very healthy. I read last year that there were only 500 diabetics in the USA who had lived with diabetes for more than 50 years. I think that number will grow quickly in the next few years because of the technology and knowledge that is now available. Thanks for joining us. Please tell us more about yourself.

Richard

Reactions: MaJoie

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome aboard! I agree with what you have said. I guess we can say it is human nature. I have had Type 1 for 63 years and I am very healthy. I read last year that there were only 500 diabetics in the USA who had lived with diabetes for more than 50 years. I think that number will grow quickly in the next few years because of the technology and knowledge that is now available. Thanks for joining us. Please tell us more about yourself.

Richard
Also becase of wonderful inspirational people like yourself Richard and the many others on here who have I have learned alot from. God Bless You ALL. I'm going for atleast 70 myself LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow -- 63 years! That's very impressive ... I don't have any clients with that many years, but they do have a high success rate with managing their diabetes: 87% maintain average blood glucose (BG) levels between 80 and 99 after 3 months; 12% have BG levels between 100 and 110; and 1% above 125.

Doc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Doctor,

I am keeping the Mixtard 50 Penfill & the Novopen in the Refrigerator Door, I stir the penfill slowly before using, so that it mixes properly homogeneously, but some where;

1.I read that the Penfill and/or the Novopen should be kept in the lower compartments of the fridge and not the door, so that it does not stir.

2. In the Mixtard Penfill/Novopen sometimes little white spots are also visible, is it due to cold in the Fridge or something else ? What should I do in such case ?

Please guide.

Thanks for the support

Meena

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome to the Forums.. I agree that a good outlook on things will help keep you going... I know that my father had a wonderful mood towards his diabetes and care and he lived for 42 years with type I... I am now trying to keep my head up about things and have done a decent job on it so far... I go in a few weeks to find out what my new A1C is :)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hi Meg! Good luck with your lab report and A1c. I go for my report tomorrow. I hope you have a great year!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts