The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 20 years old and I have been dealing with diabetes since I was around 12-13 years old. I'm not a new face to some of you, but I do have a new user name just to confuse everyone.
My name is Jess. and I'm a pumper( LOVE my pump)
I'm studying to become a teachers assistant. I have the cutest cat in the world and there are very few things that I can't do....

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'm 20 years old and I have been dealing with diabetes since I was around 12-13 years old. I'm not a new face to some of you, but I do have a new user name just to confuse everyone.
My name is Jess. and I'm a pumper( LOVE my pump)
I'm studying to become a teachers assistant. I have the cutest cat in the world and there are very few things that I can't do....
Hi Jess. I'm new. A thousand years older than you, with kids about your age. :D

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Hi, Jess! I am more than twice your age, have elementary age kids, and slow-onset Type 1 of adulthood.

I also have six indoor cats!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Okay Jess - I have grandchildren older than you! :D In fact, our mod Joshua says I'm his cyber-granny too - he's just slightly older than you & only diagnosed last year, but has already been turned down for a pump. :(

It's great to see you & I hope you'll be coming around often. Got any pix of that cute kittycat? ;)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Jess, that is a wonderful attitude!! You will go far, and your diabetes will not hold you back. I envision you being a fantastic teacher. I was a math teacher for 34 years.

I have a friend named Jess in Canada. You haven't said where you live. Is that you, in Nova Scotia?

Richard

·
Registered
11 Posts
Grandpa Richard I am your Nova Scotia Jess :) AKA baby Jess
and if I didn't have a kickn' attitude I'd go insane! I'm almost always the baby of the group.
and this is Oscar he is a Himalayan crossed with a ragdoll.

and this is how he sleeps on top of me

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I am so pleased to see you here Jess!!! Oscar is a beautiful kitty!

Here is Sweetie, out 5 year old kitty kat, in his favorite sleeping position.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts