The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

My name is Abby (aka RedCorvette9551) and I’m a type 1 diabetic.

I was diagnosed in January 2006 (my 17th “diaversary” is actually sometime this week I don’t know the exact day I was diagnosed but I know it was late January because I was in the hospital for two weeks after I was diagnosed and I ended up missing my friend’s birthday party and was devastated) when I was 7 and a half years old (I was turning 8 that following March) so I’ve been living with diabetes for a very long time

I’m on the Omnipod dash system and I use Dexcom which has been a game changer for me if I’m being totally honest. I’ve been working extra hard these last couple years to try to overcome the “diabetes burnout” I’ve been dealing with for the better part of a decade, and while I’m not doing as good as I want, it’s definitely improving so my endo and I are happy about it.

Anyway, enough of my tragic backstory. Outside of being a diabetic, my interests include writing, Disney, NASCAR, and my two cats Lightning and Simba!

Cat Carnivore Comfort Felidae Small to medium-sized cats

(Lightning’s on the left, Simba’s on the right)

I’m really happy to be here and can’t wait to meet everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Administrator
2,737 Posts
Welcome! You've been dealing with diabetes for a long time. I'm sure you have some stories and tips to share. I'm looking forward to seeing them!

This is a friendly group with a wide variety of experiences with diabetes. Feel free to cruise the forums and ask the questions that come up!

· Super Moderator
10,694 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like diabetes doubled up its inconvenient introduction timing with you, but there's seldom ever anything convenient about it even after its hung around a while.

Good for you for getting proactive and seeing improvements and knowing there is room for more. Just remember to keep making small steps in the right direction to get there. Diabetes, and life, is a marathon and not a sprint so there is no reason to rush when you don't have to.

It's good to have a doctor that works with you to help you meet your goals, sounds like your Endo is one that will.

Looking forward to hearing more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts