The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*waves*

I was diagnosed with type 2 about a month and half ago. Still struggling a bit with the meds (metformin is evil, I tell ya), but doing better overall :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
*waves*

I was diagnosed with type 2 about a month and half ago. Still struggling a bit with the meds (metformin is evil, I tell ya), but doing better overall :)
I have been Diagnosed T2 for 5 weeks last Fiday.

Metoformin is evil, strikes ruthesly and violently especially when i am out jogging.

Davey

:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been Diagnosed T2 for 5 weeks last Fiday.

Metoformin is evil, strikes ruthesly and violently especially when i am out jogging.

Davey

I'm getting a bit tired of having to miss work. And I'm sure my boss isn't too thrilled about it either :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
What i have heard from other members that you can get Metoformin XR from your doctor which is slow release and can be better.

Think normal Metoformin is more effective.

I have been diagnosed T2 5 weeks last friday so i am a learner.

From what i hear its better to carry on taking it and it will eventually get beter after 5 weeks to 3 months.

Heard of someone going on insulin as stomach cramps were that bad.

I am unemployed soi grin and bear it, ok now.

After a week the Metoformin did get my bllood glucose down from 16 to around 7 - 8 mm/l.

All the best.

Davey.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What i have heard from other members that you can get Metoformin XR from your doctor which is slow release and can be better.

Think normal Metoformin is more effective.

I have been diagnosed T2 5 weeks last friday so i am a learner.

From what i hear its better to carry on taking it and it will eventually get beter after 5 weeks to 3 months.

Heard of someone going on insulin as stomach cramps were that bad.

I am unemployed soi grin and bear it, ok now.

After a week the Metoformin did get my bllood glucose down from 16 to around 7 - 8 mm/l.

All the best.

Davey.

Thanks. The best to you too.

I don't know if I can stand this another 2 months lol.

Sheesh...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hello Clio and Davey: :)

"waves back"

Are you 2 related?? ;) j/k

Good to see you both. Sorry, to hear that you are suffering. Welcome!

·
Registered
18 Posts
No not related.

I am in the uk, put diabetic forums in google and here i am.

Nice to hear other diabetics with same symptoms, problems as my self.

Makes me feel not so bad that people are going through the same problems i went through.

I have a lot to learn, especially this low carb thingy.

Quite surprised at the speed that i am getting replies in here, 3 in 15 minutes. :D

Pleased to meet you all.

Davey.

:p

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
You sure are cheerful for just being diagnosed Davey. You're a breath of fresh air. Yes, there is lots to learn. Take it slow so that you do not get overwhelmed. Nice to meet you also.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Welcome! I'm glad you decided to join our group. I'm on metformin and it was tough at first but now I'm okay with it. Very little side effects. Stick with it (if you can) and it will get better. I see metformin as a big key in keeping my glucoses under control.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts