The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the forum!

I am 35 year old Irishman who was diagnosed with diabetes in 2005.
Have recently really taken this condition with the seriousness it deserves. Have been consistently getting a A1bC of 6.0
Just a bit worried that my readings after my fastingmorning blood sugars during my honeymoon between 7 and 8 ( 126 to 145).
Have managed to keep my morning fasting sugars consistently between 5 and 5.5 ( 90 and 100)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Hi and :welcome: to the forums!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello Micheal, and welcome from another Irishman . . . old Irish woman rather, and one who lives in the States, but nevertheless relishes her Irish heritage. (You may correctly infer that "Shanny" is from "Shannon", who is descended on both sides from long lines of Dailys, Farleys, Blakelys, McClements, etc., etc. - you get the idea. :D)

There is tremendous support here and a wealth of wisdom, experience & knowledge. I hope you'll settle in & get to know us - we look forward to getting better acquainted & becoming friends.

Take care & visit often!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I think you will find it a friendly place

Don

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hi Micheal, welcome! If you are experiencing a honeymoon, I assume you are a type 1 diabetic. Your numbers are good, so you must be working rather hard to keep them that way. I have been type 1 for 65 years, and I am doing very well. Keep your good numbers and you will be fine. If insulin is your next major step, let us know. There are many of us who are very experienced with using insulin.

Richard

G

·
welcome Michael :) I agree with Richard, you have quite good numbers there. But I understand your concern as this disease certainly keeps us on our toes and in check with what's going on with our bodies. I'm sure you will find this a great place for support and info. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Type 2's don't normally go through a honeymoon but sometimes with time our disease does progress and we need to increase meds or decrease carbs we eat. Welcome to the forum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts