The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all my name is Joe and I recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and with the help of my family, friends and this forum I would be able to keep my blood sugar under control

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Nice to meet you, Joe. Tell us more - how are you managing your diabetes & what are your numbers looking like? Do you test frequently & eat to your meter?

Thank you for joining us & I hope you'll be visiting often.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello Joe. I've been recently diagnosed also. Everybody is extremely helpful here, so you're in the right place. Welcome.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hello Joe and welcome to the forum, I am new here also. But not new to "D". There is lots of good information here and the people are great.

As Shanny mentioned, Testing is important, gives each of us a reading of just how our bodies react to different foods. For me the mornings seem to be my biggest 'problem' on maintaining a "good" reading.

Larry

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Welcome, Joe! :welcome:

My own diagnosis is fairly recent. Hope your journey is not starting out too rough!

You've already gotten some great advice to start with. For specifics, please post your question, or use the "Search" box at the top of the page.

Glad you found us. Please visit often. Looking forward to getting to know you better!

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Hi there Joe! I'm controlling mine by diet and a small amount of exercise. I eat about 30 carbs a day now after doing under 20 and losing 50 lbs since July 1 and I'm trying to see if I can do it without drugs. Don't know yet if I can, but I sure would like to. Right now, I'm gradually adding carbs, 5 at a time per week and doing fine. If it doesn't work, I'll ask for Metformin XR.

Read all the posts that seem to apply to you and ask all the questions you need and we'll try to answer as best we can!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts