The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend has type one diabetes. She's had it since she was young and seems to manage it really well. But since I have no clue about what's going on it's nice to find a place where I can gather more information and be better equipped for whatever comes up :)

Johnny

O

·
0 Posts
welcome Johnny :) it's nice that you care enough to learn what diabetes is about. All diabetics manage their condition a bit differently... although we all do watch our carb intake. I'm sure if you read postings you will learn lots of information. The best you can do is just be supportive and understanding for your gf.

·
Registered
241 Posts
My girlfriend has type one diabetes. She's had it since she was young and seems to manage it really well. But since I have no clue about what's going on it's nice to find a place where I can gather more information and be better equipped for whatever comes up :)

Johnny
Welcome, Johnny! onlymep is right; this is a great place for support and the people here really care about each other. I'm learning a lot and I'm grateful :) Best of luck to you and your girlfriend.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks :) I've been learning a lot especially since she's gotten involved with helping with the jdrf here. It's nice to see people open and understanding and willing to educate :)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Johnny, welcome! I am pleased to hear that your girlfriend has good control. Tell her that I was diagnosed in 1945, and an very healthy. With good control she can have a long, healthy life.

Richard

Reactions: Rosa

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hello Johnny, welcome! I am pleased to hear that your girlfriend has good control. Tell her that I was diagnosed in 1945, and an very healthy. With good control she can have a long, healthy life.

Richard
Richard, you're amazing! I wish I had half your self-discipline. You deserve an award :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts