The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
24,406 Posts
MatsuMom? Please PLEASE don't go hungry anymore. Nobody deserves that kind of a life & there is just no excuse to be miserable on the foods we eat around here!

You've already heard that we embrace fats so that we can ditch carbs . . . it WORKS! It isn't like I eat half a pound of bacon for breakfast, but my meal is very satisfying with an egg, 2 or 3 strips of bacon or links of sausage, a GG bran crispbread for my toast & a large cuppa coffee laced with real heavy cream . . . total carbs for this meal is prob'ly the 2 carbs in the crispbread, cuz there are no carbs in egg, bacon or creamed coffee. The caloric content isn't even that high - 100 each for the egg & the cream, 120 for 3 strips of bacon & 12 for the crispbread = 332 calories for the whole satisfying meal (my coffee mug holds 16 oz, so I'm FULL :D).

Before "D" I bought all the "lite" products like low-fat mayonnaise, sour cream, cottage cheese, etc. NO MORE. All of those low-fat & fatfree products are higher carb content, and they just create cravings for MORE carbs. No wonder I struggled for years - this diabetes diagnosis is prob'ly the best thing that ever happened to me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.