The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
hello, welcome! Tell us about yourself, and ask all the questions you want. The more information you give us about your diabetes and your experience thus far, the better we can help you. I hope you enjoy our community.

Richard

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Sure the diagnosis can be quite an emotional shock but you need to know one thing and that is that this can be controlled and successfully managed. YOU WILL BE FINE

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Welcome to DF. I think we all go through an adjustment period when we are first diagnosed. The good thing about online support groups like DF is that you can communicate with others who are in the exact same position as you are. We have lots of success stories here, read through the older threads. We work together to find the best food, exercise and the best meds to help us lead a normal life. I've only been D for 5 years but I have to admit I am so much healthier now than before D.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I cannot imagine not feeling down when you are diagnosed with diabetes. It requires a long and gradual adjustment period to reach the point where you can feel a new kind of normal. Diabetes can be controlled and you can have a very normal life, after adjustment. I have been a diabetic since I was 6 years old, so I cannot remember life before diabetes. It is been a wonderful life for me, and I have accomplished everything I have wanted to do. It can be that way for you too. Give it time, educate yourself and give it all you've got. Get control and have a great life!

Richard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts