The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Meena, aged 55 years, from India (Meerut, 75kms. from N.Delhi), I am Type II diabetic for the last 15 years, about 02 months back I started taking Insulin. I am confused, how to control the Diabetes,

·
Registered
279 Posts
There is a lot of good information here if you look around this forum. Could you go see a Registered Dietician or are diabetes classes available to you? It can be confusing if you are not instructed by your doctor or someone else. If you have specific questions, maybe we could answer them but the best thing would be to tell your doctor you are confused and maybe he can direct you to someone who could help educate you on the care you need. Good luck. I'm glad you decided to join us.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

There is a lot of good information here if you look around this forum. Could you go see a Registered Dietician or are diabetes classes available to you? It can be confusing if you are not instructed by your doctor or someone else. If you have specific questions, maybe we could answer them but the best thing would be to tell your doctor you are confused and maybe he can direct you to someone who could help educate you on the care you need. Good luck. I'm glad you decided to join us.
Thanks,
I am taking medicines as prescribed by the Doctor, and as directed
I am keeping the Mixtard 50:50 Penfill & the Novopen in the Refrigerator Door, he also suggested to stir the penfill slowly before using, so that it mixes properly homogeneously, but some where;

1.I read that the Penfill and/or the Novopen should be kept in the lower compartments of the fridge and not the door, so that it does not stir.

2. In the Mixtard Penfill/Novopen sometimes little white spots are also visible, is it due to cold in the Fridge ? What should I do in such case ?

Please guide.

Thanks for the support

Meena

·
Registered
279 Posts
Meena, I do not take these medications and I don't know how they should be cared for. Call the pharmacist you get them from and they will know how they should be stored. Let me know what you find out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts