The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi this is shweta. I was diagnosed with diabetes 10 years back. I was not on any medication till 3 years back as i was able to mabage ny sugar levels vwry well thru diet and exercise but since three years it s gone havvire. I take medication but no control and i am now tired living with restrictions on diet and exercise. I dont do anythind and i feel depressed

·
Super Moderator
1,892 Posts
Hello, shweta, and welcome! It's nice to have you here.

Diabetes is a tough disease. You did well to manage it with diet and exercise for so many years!

Depression is tough, too. Especially during this pandemic and, where I live, the worst of the heat of summer, it takes a lot of motivation to do more than sit.

I'm not sure how to help you at the moment other than to say you've come to a very supportive Web site and to suggest that you tell us more about the medication you're taking and the restrictions on diet and exercise that you have. It may be that we can offer some workarounds or some ideas for how to beat the blues. Or, if you'd rather, we can just "listen".

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
Hi shweta, welcome to the forum.

Maybe we can help you figure out how to get out of this depression.

What medications have you been on for the past 3 years? When was the last time you have had an appointment with your doctor? How did it go? Have you asked about insulin? Have you been tested for Type 1 antibodies?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I take januvia tablet before breakfast and metformin 500 mg in the night. I dont do any workout s as i m too busy with my kid work from home and all household chores. I can manage my ppbs to 170 and fastin to 100 if i am on anstrict diet which i cannot never do for more than a month. M too scared to even measure my sugar. Last went to doc three months back and due to covid i m avoiding going to hospitals as it i too risky

·
Super Moderator
1,892 Posts
I certainly understand your concerns about going to a doctor or hospital these days. 170, though, as a bottom limit, is high enough to cause long-term damage.

Is it possible to contact your doctor and ask if one dose or the other can be adjusted, at least temporarily, during these stressful days?

And may I ask what kind of "strict diet" are you on? The "standard diabetic diet", at least in the United States, requires eating way more carbohydrates than most people need, and (ironically) often requires medication (or insulin) to bring blood glucose levels down to safe levels.

Do you know (at least roughly) how many grams of carbohydrates you eat each day (or are supposed to eat)? Many of us here are on a very low carbohydrate eating plan that has let us manage our blood glucose without medication (or at least not as much of them). We can show you how that works if you're interested.

·
Registered
T2
1,200 Posts
Hi this is shweta. I was diagnosed with diabetes 10 years back. I was not on any medication till 3 years back as i was able to mabage ny sugar levels vwry well thru diet and exercise but since three years it s gone havvire. I take medication but no control and i am now tired living with restrictions on diet and exercise. I dont do anythind and i feel depressed
Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place. I've been here 3 years, and I learn something new everyday. I hope you continue to visit and post as often as you can :smile2:.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts