Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,

I am 37 year man . I have undegone a check up 2 year before and found my random blood sugare 220 and fasting found155(concluded after 3 check ups). Later on I reduced 6 kg of my body weight from 95 kg. Now my fasting blood sugare is 125 ( monitoring every week), day time sugare level 2 hr after meal is 140-155. Evening sugare level is 95-100 mg after 6 hour from my main meal . My HBA1C is always in the range of 5.8 -6.2.

My night time sugare level is 160 after 2 hours from dinner.

My doctor is not compelling to take medicine. I am doing 30 minutes walk excersise almost all days. Less intake of sugare items. cut short 10% of my previous food intake.

1)My question is am I a diabetic patient

2) If I maintain this fasting sugare level 125 through out (normal level is 110). will it affect my internal organs after certain years?.

3) Is there any problem for taking medicines like metfomin now & enjoy my food.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I can not make a medical diagnosis. But those are numbers a diabetic gets.

over time those kind of numbers will damage your organs. and nerves and eyes.

if your Md is not alarmed with those numbers time for a new Md.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I agree with diabetes86 on all counts.

Welcome to our forum, aja91. This is something you must be responsible for, and if your doctor doesn't support your efforts, then another opinion is called for. You are right to be concerned.

You can begin to lower those numbers without taking meds, if you are willing to avoid foods that commonly elevate blood sugar. Those being breads, pasta, rice, potatoes and all the other starches that begin to convert to sugar before you even swallow (yes they do - your saliva begins the conversion of starch to sugar while you're still chewing).

Thank you for joining us. I hope you are able to gain control of this so you can live a long complication-free life!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Hi ,

I am 37 year man . I have undegone a check up 2 year before and found my random blood sugare 220 and fasting found155(concluded after 3 check ups). Later on I reduced 6 kg of my body weight from 95 kg. Now my fasting blood sugare is 125 ( monitoring every week), day time sugare level 2 hr after meal is 140-155. Evening sugare level is 95-100 mg after 6 hour from my main meal . My HBA1C is always in the range of 5.8 -6.2.

My night time sugare level is 160 after 2 hours from dinner.

My doctor is not compelling to take medicine. I am doing 30 minutes walk excersise almost all days. Less intake of sugare items. cut short 10% of my previous food intake.

1)My question is am I a diabetic patient

2) If I maintain this fasting sugare level 125 through out (normal level is 110). will it affect my internal organs after certain years?.

3) Is there any problem for taking medicines like metfomin now & enjoy my food.
1) yes

2) yes....especially those spikes you are having over 140. There is some study that those wide swings between low and high are actually more damaging.

3) I see no problem with metformin....but I am not sure what you mean by "enjoy my food". No matter what medicine you need to control your blood sugar...that doesnt mean that you can still eat a carb heavy diet and not find yourself getting in trouble with your disease. I take insulin to cover my carbs...but if I eat too many it still makes those wide swings in my blood sugar that are very damaging.

When you say you cut back 10% of your food intake....what exactly have you cut out? The things for you to limit are carbs...bread, potatoes, rice, wheat, cereals, etc. When you do eat carbs...choose whole grains....brown rice instead of white...sweet potatoes instead white potatoes, etc. Do include some fruit if you can handle it...but eat fresh fruit and avoid high sugar, high carb juice.

Imagine your dinner plate in your mind. Half of that plate should be fresh, non-starchy vegetables. one fourth of it should be carbs, and the other fourth your protein.

Reactions: Genie
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.