The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I have been battling high readings all day long. I am exhausted. I can't remember how long it has been since I have had a day like today. The only way to avoid a high reading would have been to go back to bed all day and just drink water. I even opened up a new bottle of Novolog, thinking that the vial was too old, I don't remember when I opened my last vial but I usually go through a bottle per month. I finally took a nap and my blood sugar dropped 60 points in 2 hours. I even took a walk. I have not had any new food and my eating habits have not changed. The whole day has been messed up. I even had a bad night. It took me forever to fall asleep. I hope tomorrow is a better day. Does anyone know a good joke?

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Trying to stay ahead of this cussed condition is sure a joke, but a bad one! Grrr! :(

Sorry you spent such a day, and hope tomorrow is much better - this is just no way to spend the weekend! ((((Breeze))))

·
Registered
663 Posts
I would look at your doses Breeze as being high is not at all good so I would look at carb counting and the Ratio with the insulin. As this is a progressive disease you may need more insulin?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Hello everyone! I have been battling high readings all day long. I am exhausted. I can't remember how long it has been since I have had a day like today. The only way to avoid a high reading would have been to go back to bed all day and just drink water. I even opened up a new bottle of Novolog, thinking that the vial was too old, I don't remember when I opened my last vial but I usually go through a bottle per month. I finally took a nap and my blood sugar dropped 60 points in 2 hours. I even took a walk. I have not had any new food and my eating habits have not changed. The whole day has been messed up. I even had a bad night. It took me forever to fall asleep. I hope tomorrow is a better day. Does anyone know a good joke?
I would say wait and see if there is a trend happening here. Since you say nothing (including what you eat has changed) maybe you are just having one of those weird diabetic days. Happens to me sometimes and I usually chalk it up to stress or hormones. Could you possibly have an infection brewing somewhere? How is high? Hopefully it was just a fluke of nature and you will get back to normal today! *hugs*

Incoming bad joke...

"Doctor, I've had problems with silent gas emissions. At home, work, or at church I get lots of silent gas emissions. As a matter of fact I've had three sitting here talking to you. What are we going to do?"

"The first thing we're going to do is check your hearing"

<snicker> ok ok ok....it was bad...but it was the cleanest one I could come up with on short notice!

·
Registered
663 Posts
<snicker> ok ok ok....it was bad...but it was the cleanest one I could come up with on short notice!
Haw haw. I have a smile on my face. :) As frustrating this disease is, It good to have a laugh so thanks Onaughmae. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts