The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nice 2 see u all here.im new to this thread n this s vamsika im 22 n im a juvenile diabetic frm last 10yr tht is wen i was 12yrs old.wen i was diagnosed wit IDDM TYPE 1 i even donno wat it was.but now im very much well known to it n was very much concern abt my IDDM frns.the main prblm wit me is i nvr keep my bs under gud control bcoz of my food habits.as i prefer to eat lot of junk foods more rather thn normal food.my HBA1C last was 8.3 in jan 2011.im happy wit ths but im only worried abt my food habits.anyway frns i forgot 2 tell u im a DENTIST;).lets keep in touch frns.bye
with love
vamsy

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Welcome to the forum. A dentist at 22 - you've accomplished a lot. Now, your next accomplishment can be taking control of your diet and your diabetes :) Just as I'm sure you counsel your patients on the problems of eating sugar for dental health, you can now counsel yourself on your own diet.

It's not only 'junk food' (processed) that's the problem, but also many foods that are healthy for non-diabetics like starchy vegetables, fruit, whole grains.

There's a lot of information here.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello, and welcome to our community! I have been type 1 for 65 years and am very healthy. i do not eat junk food, if I did I would probably have diabetes related complications. I hope you improve your eating habits so you can have very good health too. Ask all the questions you want, we have experienced type 1 diabetics here.

Richard

G

·
welcome Vamsy :) you need to find what works for you with diet. You'll find as you change your diet you will no longer want to eat junk food. I find that junk food is not appealing these days... I'd rather the healthy option. Although occasionally I will eat something I shouldn't... and I'm not apologetic for that either... just factor it in with everything else I'm eating for the day. So do you test regularly? Being type 1, I'd imagine you would be having to do this. Glad to hear you have a profession... and at 22. I'm sure you will find this forum a great place for support and info. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thnk u all for ur kind support.very happy to find this community.even im working hard 2 quit eating junk foods bt......anywayz il try.il test my BS once in 3 days my fasting s ws always gud wit some hypo also bt my postprandial vl b always btwn200-250.
can u plz tell me abt insulin pump n any benifits wit tht.i wanna shift 2 tht n i wana know more abt tht,kindly help.
thnk u

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Vamsy, Welcome to the site. I joined... yesterday I think, or maybe the day before and have found loads of information on here. I was diagnosed abut 3 weeks ago now with what looks like type 1 too. I had very high levels but they seem to be coming under control with my medication and diet changes.

Keep in touch

Scott.

PS. I'm a bit of an obsessive about my teeth and was going to start look at information about it but seeing as your here are there any dental implications of diabetes?

Laters :)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Diabetics are definitely more prone to have gum diseases. Dental health is very important, and should be watched closely, like our feet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi scott
here im there 4u all 2 help wit dental problems,periodontitis[tissues tht surround the tooth,n inflammation of tht]is the 6th most common complication of diabetes.v need to b very careful wit tht.there vl b bone loss around the teeth n v may loose our teeth soon because of boneloss.n this periodontitis s a very embrassing:eek: condition n it may also lead to periodontal abscess which s very painful condition,n multiple periodontal abscess r usually seen in pts wit diabetes.so its better to keep our BS under very gud control to avoid complications
always go for a dental checkup once in 6 months n take care of ur teeth as teeth r most important to have gud esthetics:);)
with love
vamsy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts