The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum. Don't really have anyone to talk to about my diabetes so end up keeping it to myself. I am looking forward to learning alot here as well as being able to share my struggles.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Welcome Home Jimmy, tell us about yourself

G

·
Welcome to DF! This is a great place to share experiences and feelings about our common disease.

What type are you, how long ago were you diagnosed, and how are you managing the dreaded D? :)

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You have plenty of people to talk to now :)

We're all about sharing struggles, successes, information - looking forward to hearing about yours.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I'm new to this forum. Don't really have anyone to talk to about my diabetes so end up keeping it to myself. I am looking forward to learning alot here as well as being able to share my struggles.
You have us ! Tell us more about your diabetes.

Welcome here !

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
:welcome:

You have found a new family. We are all struggling with the same disease. Read through the old forums and see how others manage their diabetes. I'm glad you found us.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm new to this forum.
I was diagnosed quite a while ago and was told to manage it with diet. I didn't really take it very seriously at the time because it didn't seem like a big deal. Well, now my a1c is 11.7. :(

So, I seem to still be in denial over this whole thing. I just can't believe what a constant struggle this disease is...that you have to consider it's impact in so many ways. I know the consequences are very severe. I just really struggle with this having to be the "focus" of my life.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
I just really struggle with this having to be the "focus" of my life.
Good news is that it doesn't have to be the focus - it just needs to be incorporated as a part. As time goes on, this becomes easier and easier as the learning curve flattens, and much of it becomes second nature.

Reactions: Carolina
1 - 9 of 9 Posts