The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another holiday weekend almost upon us, and it has me wondering what are some of your best diabetes-healthy holiday menus & recipes?

I'm planning to fix a standing rib roast for Sunday dinner, if I can get to the store while it's still on sale this week. And we may have very little along with it - some roasted asparagus with a little hollandaise sounds good to me. Deviled eggs, of course.

What's for your dinner?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Another holiday weekend almost upon us, and it has me wondering what are some of your best diabetes-healthy holiday menus & recipes?

I'm planning to fix a standing rib roast for Sunday dinner, if I can get to the store while it's still on sale this week. And we may have very little along with it - some roasted asparagus with a little hollandaise sounds good to me. Deviled eggs, of course.

What's for your dinner?
My plan is to go to your house for dinner...yummmo! Actually hubby and I are both working so I am not planning on cooking anything. I will just scrounge something up in the dreaded hospital cafeteria *sigh*

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The hospital cafeteria is where we'll be eating too, for the next two days, until the eye surgeon clears me to come home Friday, except for the continental breakfast at our motel. :eek:

But c'mon over anytime . . . when I did this roast for Christmas dinner, it was splendid!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
The hospital cafeteria is where we'll be eating too, for the next two days, until the eye surgeon clears me to come home Friday, except for the continental breakfast at our motel. :eek:

But c'mon over anytime . . . when I did this roast for Christmas dinner, it was splendid!
I will be sending good thoughts your way while you are in the hospital. Hopefully your eye surgery will be a walk in the park compared to dealing with hospital food :p

*hugs*

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
My Mother is cooking ham and will probably make her tasty deviled eggs. Not sure what else she will be making, but I plan on eating whatever else she makes, just in moderation.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Deviled eggs are my total downfall . . . all the more now because they're low carb. I bought an extra dozen the other day, so they'll be slightly less fresh & peel easier, but I just hope one dozen is enough! :eek:

(as if you couldn't tell, we're ensconced in our motel room. Had dinner at a Country Kitchen on the way up, and it was really good! I had a steak & am usually not overly hopeful, since they're always thin & hard to cook to my rare-ish tastes, but this one was fine, and the tossed salad was just this side of frozen it was so fresh & cold! They also have scrumptious bleu cheese dressing! Yumm!)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

I am on my way...should be there by Sunday. lol:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts