Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

Holy Cold Weather, Batman!

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Chesney 
#1 ·
My son woke me up early this morning BEGGING me to take him to work (instead of the normal 3km walk he does.) Initially I thought he was just being a wuss...

When I stepped outside *I* felt like a wuss ... It was -43C (-45F) with wind chill outside here this morning. :eek:

Just a little chilly.

#3 ·
Joshua Shorter said:
Holy Cow!! And I thought it was cold here. It was around 20F with a wind chill around 8F.
Where do you live Josh?

Jeremy

#4 ·
Is your son that needs this early morning ride to work, old enough to drive? If so, help him get a used car! :car:

#9 ·
Yeah, but doesn't have his license yet. And he doesn't want to take the test in winter, LOL.

#5 ·
I will take this opportunity to tell everyone currently how much I enjoyed the weather in Sunny San Antonio where it is currently a fabulous 75 degrees!

*slinks out before anyone can throw snowballs at her**

#8 ·
The only good thing about extreme cold is it usually doesn't snow at that temperature.

#7 ·
We got sleet last night, but it subsided quickly & most traces of it had disappeared by this afternoon. Temps are hanging about freezing level which isn't half bad after our little tango with the "minus" numbers last month.

But Josh - we gotta improve our aim if we have any chance at all of pelting Pam with snowballs . . .

#10 ·
We got 18" of snow Wednesday and then it turned bitter cold with high winds. Both are very rare for this time of year.

#11 ·
Mother Nature wants to remind you who is boss!

#12 ·
breezeonby said:
Mother Nature wants to remind you who is boss!
Haha... Either that or I over did it on the snow dance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.