The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Are you referring to Natural Medicine or Homepathy, the two are very different in some regards.

I have used natural remedies quite a bit in the last 2yrs and truly believe in them. I regard them as medicine the same as if you are getting a Rx from the drug store.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Does somebody on this forum use "Homeopathy Medicine" to lower BS?
I explored the option of homeopathy but no one could explain to me the mechanism of how the medicine would work in my body. I've heard general answers of "how homeopathy works" but how does the medicine work, no one could give me an answer. If you get an answer please share.

In any case diabetes is a very old disease and has been treated for centuries by different forms of medicine. While none of the methods have so far delivered a measurable and verifiable "cure", various methods work for controlling sugars.

The ancient Indian form of medicine called Ayurveda is a well document form of medicine which even thousands of years back understood diabetes and proposed treatment options, so I will not dismiss any option just because i don't know how it works.......

As a matter of fact my use of Garlic is also a form of non-traditional medicine

As a diabetic we should have the right to have with us all the options for treatment.

Reactions: MCS

·
Registered
930 Posts
One theory of how homeopathy works is the placebo effect.

When compared to AMA medicines:
80% of those dangerous poisonous chemicals that the AMA doctors dispense are given as placebos but can kill or damage their victim so a sugar pill would be more effective in not killing or damaging the victim.

For instance, it has been statistically shown that cancer victims that do not take AMA radiation/chemo treatments live up to 6 times longer than those that do take AMA radiation/chemo treatments.

And in type 2 diabetes which can be considered a deadly level of high insulin leading to cardiovascular failure, we take even more insulin to over ride ones protective insulin resistance so we can draw pretty pictures of our "normalized blood sugar". But I would rather die of cardiovascular failure than go through the agony of blindness, leg amputation, kidney failure, etc.

Many of us now use a low carbohydrate diet to try to reduce our TDD of insulin hoping to slow down the speed of our apparent death wish. :rolleyes:

ColaJim

I explored the option of homeopathy but no one could explain to me the mechanism of how the medicine would work in my body. I've heard general answers of "how homeopathy works" but how does the medicine work, no one could give me an answer. If you get an answer please share.

In any case diabetes is a very old disease and has been treated for centuries by different forms of medicine. While none of the methods have so far delivered a measurable and verifiable "cure", various methods work for controlling sugars.

The ancient Indian form of medicine called Ayurveda is a well document form of medicine which even thousands of years back understood diabetes and proposed treatment options, so I will not dismiss any option just because i don't know how it works.......

As a matter of fact my use of Garlic is also a form of non-traditional medicine

As a diabetic we should have the right to have with us all the options for treatment.

Reactions: smorgan

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to share -
I used Syzygium Jambolanum ( Homeopathic medicine ) for 2 years and it worked for me till last september.

There are lot of Ayurvedic medicines also available in the market. I tried few but didn't work for me. However one of my friend used to take MEHANIL (Ayurvedic medicines) when metformin stopped to work for him. This is working for him.

What I heard is there is no side-effect of Homeopathic / Ayurvedic medicins.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You might want to check out this site which is a trove of articles and info on orthomolecular medicine, which is primarily vitamin therapy but actually is medicine from naturally occurring substances in our bodies. Insulin is actually an orthomolecular hormone
. The site is DoctorYourself.com - Health, Naturally!. There are some specific D articles highlighted on left margin of this page.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I could never understand the logic behind homeopathy, and find it hard to believe. I haven't been interested enough to check for years, but last time I did, there were a lot of suggestions that it doesn't work.

I don't believe there has ever been a split test study that produced results for the people that believe in it.

This youtube video pokes a bit of fun at it, but it's done in a pleasant way. (I like it. :) )

Oops, sorry, don't seem to have the video link any more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts