The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Since I just talked with you on your muscle cramps thread, I'll be brief here in welcoming you . . . we're just glad you found us and thank you for joining us!

Tell us more about yourself, how you manage your diabetes, and what's this kite landboarding sport all about?! :D

take care & hurry back!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi there

hi shanny, it's copying kite surfing , but on the land, with a mountain board (a bit like a sk8board , but with 8 inch tyres and wider axles and a longer board)
i'm on lantus and humalog and use small cartons of orangejuice for hypo low moments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
diabetic

nine years type 1-they told me you normally get type1 before you are 40 - i was 39 , so 1 more year an i'd have been alright:)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
hi shanny, it's copying kite surfing , but on the land, with a mountain board (a bit like a sk8board , but with 8 inch tyres and wider axles and a longer board)
i'm on lantus and humalog and use small cartons of orangejuice for hypo low moments
Welcome slide! Nice to meet you and hope you have time to visit often. You can learn alot from the other members!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi Slide, and welcome.

Shanny's right - I was the ripe old age of 52 when I joined the T1 club. Quite a surprise, as no one in my family had/has diabetes. I'm 2 1/2 years into this jag and can report that my life hasn't changed (except those pesky finger stabs and injections!) and I still hike, canoe, go to dinner - all the things I did before dx. Just more careful (mostly) with food.

I hope you'll keep posting. It's always great to find others who share the day-to-day challenges!

Jen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.