The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Missing my hot dogs, but not anymore.

I made a wrap for the dogs and baked them at 400 then turned them down to 350 for a total of 20 minutes.

My wrap

1 Cup blanched almonds ground to a flour
I then added 1/4 tsp of xanthum gum, dried onions, garlic, red pepper, 1/4 tsp of baking soda and baking powder, along with some salt. Ground that all up.

I then added 1 heaping cup of mixed cheese shreds and couple tablespoons of coconut oil. Turned the processor on till a dough formed.

Rolled the dough around the dogs, it was enough to do 6 dogs.

They were really good. Baked on a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
If one does not have a food processor, could I substitute using a Kitchen Aid stand mixer ? The Kitchen Aid has a wire whip that I've used for forming dough in other recipes.

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would think this would be possible. I use the processor, it does generate some heat from the mixing so it melts the Coconut Oil and softens the cheese a bit. I would suggest using Almond flour, mix everything real good, then maybe place in a microwave for a few seconds at a time, until you can form a dough from it.

If one does not have a food processor, could I substitute using a Kitchen Aid stand mixer ? The Kitchen Aid has a wire whip that I've used for forming dough in other recipes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts