The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
OMG, Richard157, this is EXACTLY what I've been (fruitlessly) trying to find out! Thank you so much for this link. You ROCK! :D

xo,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Very informative...I am learning new things everyday on this forum....I hope there is a miracle cure for Diabetes soon...after all millions are affected and there has to be a cure...:)

·
Registered
716 Posts
CHERRIES OMG bought some cherries the other day and started having with breakfast. Read an article this morning that cherries increased insulin production by 50%. I was 5.2 after work today so had a good handful of cherries and a hand full of almonds and did a little yard work came back in and tested at 3.7 I have not been that low since ever. I suspect cherries had something to do with it. Anyone else have a positive result with cherries.

·
Registered
741 Posts
thanx Richard that is a really well worded article....I'm so not good at biology...it was very easy to comprehend :)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Richard157 said:
That was just a great article - now I wished I knew were exactly I am or fit in. I still feel like I am walking in the dark and not sure where I am or where I am going with my diabetes. This inexactly the kind information I need and now I just have to absorb and apply it. One thing it is going to do is make me really watch my levels after I eat and take corrective action immediately. Thanks Again for a great article :)

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
cherries increased insulin production by 50%.
I was thinking if cherries decrease insulin resistance, I should not be insulin resistant period :) I've eaten cherries by the bag all my life - in the summer have a big bowl of them on the counter at all times. Serious cherry freak here. I remember once in Croatia years ago getting the best huge bag of cherries ever and ate them until I turned red (ahem - and got sick).

So - I got pretty excited by your post. Googled and all the press I came up with on this was regarding tart cherries. Did you find anything like that with sweet cherries?

Never mind - I'm open to experimenting :)

·
Registered
930 Posts
moon

"In early laboratory studies using animal pancreatic cells, the chemicals, called anthocyanins, increased insulin production by 50 percent"

REF: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/12/041220122203.htm

Sorry but I think you have it backwards, if cherries induce the the metabolism to produce an un- naturally high level of insulin, then that extra level of insulin will produce an un-naturally high level of insulin resistance, kinda like being a glyburide junkie and in the the end it will not work because one's metabolism will negate that excito-toxin with even more insulin resistance, and finally your overstressed beta cells will start failing. That is how Big Pharma keeps type 2 diabetics hooked on their medications to begin with.

EDIT: So maybe being a cherry addict, in part, caused your diabetes, maybe?

Most of these "Scientists" can't see the forest for the trees! Or else they are being paid to propagate a devious lie.

ColaJim

I was thinking if cherries decrease insulin resistance, I should not be insulin resistant period :) I've eaten cherries by the bag all my life - in the summer have a big bowl of them on the counter at all times. Serious cherry freak here. I remember once in Croatia years ago getting the best huge bag of cherries ever and ate them until I turned red (ahem - and got sick).

So - I got pretty excited by your post. Googled and all the press I came up with on this was regarding tart cherries. Did you find anything like that with sweet cherries?

Never mind - I'm open to experimenting :)

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Sorry but I think you have it backwards, if cherries induce the the metabolism to produce an un- naturally high level of insulin,
Yeah, it wouldn't be the first time I was scooting in reverse.

In this case, though, I was responding based on my quick-'n-dirty Google search which made lots of mention of cherries helping insulin resistance, not being an insulin stimulant.

In any case, I'm diggin' the thought of experimenting. Will just have to restrain myself and buy 10 cherries at a time!

EDIT: okay - I've been catching up on posts and see now the link to the article, re insulin production. Got it. My quick look around said insulin resistance - it rarely pays to be in a hurry, unless you're being chased.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts