The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simply put, since I've been on high doses of Lantus, was 58, now down to 46, I've been gaining weight. I went from 195 to 205 in 5 months.

I exercise, and don't eat any more than before I started to gain weight.

Does anyone have a secret as to how I can stop this weight gain, without starving myself any more than I am :help:

Shalom,

Pastor Paul

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi Paul - it can be a battle. What is your carb world like right now?

Jen

PS - Ha ha! I just noticed your location....is there a town in CA that's not on the skids (Pacific Palisades and Rolling Hills excepted):p?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Simply put, since I've been on high doses of Lantus, was 58, now down to 46, I've been gaining weight. I went from 195 to 205 in 5 months.

I exercise, and don't eat any more than before I started to gain weight.

Does anyone have a secret as to how I can stop this weight gain, without starving myself any more than I am :help:

Shalom,

Pastor Paul
I am battling this same problem. I am about to start a new diet and I can see that I am in for a difficult time. I may have to cut my carbs down to the bare bones. I am ready to put up a fight to loose the weight :boxing:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Jen and Breezeonby

I am watching my carbs, and the figures are under the accepted range, that is why I said I'm on the brink of starving. The Lantus never bothered me before, and maybe now that I'm backing down on the number, I may see some weight come off.

Thanks for your responses.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I am watching my carbs, and the figures are under the accepted range,
Paul? I do have to ask whose "accepted range"? If it's the ADA, then there's a lot of latitude. You might be able to tighten up your carbs, use less insulin, prob'ly be less hungry, and not gain weight either. I'm not on insulin, obviously, but I'm still losing weight on 60g of carbs per day, and not limiting fats. And the best part is, I'm NEVER hungry! :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good Question...

Paul? I do have to ask whose "accepted range"? If it's the ADA, then there's a lot of latitude. You might be able to tighten up your carbs, use less insulin, prob'ly be less hungry, and not gain weight either. I'm not on insulin, obviously, but I'm still losing weight on 60g of carbs per day, and not limiting fats. And the best part is, I'm NEVER hungry! :D
I'm allowed 90 to 100 carbs a day, per my Endo advice nurse. I do not use that amount though. I'm around 80. The carb thing is still rather new to me, and getting it right has taken some real good math skills, and I never did well in math. :D

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I just think you shouldn't be starving. Lowering carbs doesn't mean going hungry - in fact, it's usually the opposite. Protein & fats stick to your ribs longer and don't create the cravings that carbs often do.

I hope you get this figured out - going around hungry all the time is not victorious living!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts