The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24,406 Posts
Welcome to our support group, where we all prob'ly wondered once or twice "why me?" But it's a moot question - and we're better advised to apply our energy to getting our blood sugar under control. There's a wealth of wisdom and knowledge here, so ask all the questions you want; did they test you for antibodies? Maybe you're a type 1 or 1.5 - obesity isn't necessarily what causes diabetes. What has your doctor prescribed to manage it?

·
Registered
24,406 Posts
Wow - you've settled down very well in a very short span of time! Good work, John! When you see results like yours, you know you're on the right track, regardless what the medical experts think. I wish my total average were 91! :D

·
Registered
24,406 Posts
Your location sounds about like ours, John . . . six miles from a town of about 1000, and 40 miles from our doc & hospital. Fortunately, our doc recently spearheaded a drive for a new medical facility there which is state-of-the-art, wired for complete EMR, and bringing in many more specialties, although not yet endocrinology.

But we love our isolation, and are willing to accept the trade-offs. Our idiot dog loves it too, because he gets to run free & not have to be walked on a leash, unless we're traveling & out in public.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.