The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having a horrible day here :(
I've had a few hypos today... in fact having one right now... grrrr. I'm just had several things to eat and sugars going down and not up. wt? I tested at 5.1 half an hour ago and had my nightly basal dose of insulin.... I ate nightly snack and 20 minutes later I'm doing dishes and feeling weird... went and tested again and sitting on 3.7. I'm shaking & all now. I had the quick acting carbs... but I don't want to have to eat more food. I'm a bit concerned. Stupid thing! this gets me so frustated at times. It's my 3rd hypo today. I think I know the cause of this... not much I can do about it I'm afraid... it's a female hormonal thing.
What does everyone else do? Any tips that you find works?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have those days monthly. Sux! All I can do is keep the juice handy, eat regularly and ride it out. It's usually better the next day except for feeling like a truck hit me.
Sorry....not much help.

having a horrible day here :(
I've had a few hypos today... in fact having one right now... grrrr. I'm just had several things to eat and sugars going down and not up. wt? I tested at 5.1 half an hour ago and had my nightly basal dose of insulin.... I ate nightly snack and 20 minutes later I'm doing dishes and feeling weird... went and tested again and sitting on 3.7. I'm shaking & all now. I had the quick acting carbs... but I don't want to have to eat more food. I'm a bit concerned. Stupid thing! this gets me so frustated at times. It's my 3rd hypo today. I think I know the cause of this... not much I can do about it I'm afraid... it's a female hormonal thing.
What does everyone else do? Any tips that you find works?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have those days monthly. Sux! All I can do is keep the juice handy eat regularly and ride it out. It's usually better the next day.
Sorry....not much help.
thanks Amy :) At least I know I'm not the only one... it's so uncontrollable... that's what I don't like. I'm sure you find the same. Usually I get the opposite problem of high BGLs that time... but seems opposite today. It's a bit scary.... feeling extremely tired. oh yeah... the truck hit me bit seems to fit me too. lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts