The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I have a pile of low carb snacks that I keep around to avoid cravings, when I have a craving one of more of these snacks will get me through the crave. Now I am not saying I have not 'lost it' a few times, but most of the time...my legal snacks do the trick...

Pork Rinds with Salsa
Pecans in the shell, the time it takes to crack them slows my consumption...
Walnuts in the shell............same as above
Almonds in the shell..........same as above....I get all at Nuts.com
Sardines packed in Mustard with a piece of hard cheddar cheese.
85% chocolate 2-4 squares. I had to get used to this low sugar product, but now it tastes just like the best chocolate...
Avocadoes
Hard Boiled Eggs..

Using these as my 'go to' when feeling hungry or craving has worked well for me...

·
Administrator
Type 2
2,000 Posts
same with me Cricket. I've had a rough time of it these last couple of months. I need to discover some better night time strategies.
It drives me nuts because I KNOW that I can't possibly be hungry. There is just something about the sun going down that starts my cravings. LOL

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Sardines packed in Mustard
??!!!!????!!!!! Voluntarily?

I'd crawl over broken glass to get away from that!

You're obviously my mother's son. She would have loved it! :D

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well, I blew it last night. Fritos again! I only tested BG once after about 2 hrs - 195!!!!!!!!! I hope this taught me a lesson and that I won't indulge again. (I hate to think what this has done to my A1C, which is due, but I've been putting it off because of all the cheats I've been doing the last few months).

Got to get a grip!

·
Administrator
Type 2
2,000 Posts
Well, I blew it last night. Fritos again! I only tested BG once after about 2 hrs - 195!!!!!!!!! I hope this taught me a lesson and that I won't indulge again. (I hate to think what this has done to my A1C, which is due, but I've been putting it off because of all the cheats I've been doing the last few months).

Got to get a grip!
You will get back on track, I know it. :smile2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
How do I handle temptation "with soapy hands". I have been told since diagnosis that I eat the wrong foods I don't know how much longer I have left to eat "bad for you foods". However what does work when I apply it, is imagination. Imagine when about to eat "not good food" replace the food with an image of your leg or arm or any other gangrenous body part. Can have an effect depending on how hard your heart or arteries are at the time. Doesn't always work with diabetics who live in the delusion that all will be well come what may. I know.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts